Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lubin's Coach: After Smith We're Ready For All Top 154-Pounders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lubin's Coach: After Smith We're Ready For All Top 154-Pounders

Erickson Lubin (19-1) is less than two weeks away from his bout against former champion Ishe Smith (29-10). The fight will be televised by Showtime as the chief supporting bout under the Gervonta Davis-Abner Mares main event. The action takes place at the Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m gonna bet that if Lubin gets stretched again, Cunningham will carry him back to his stool and say “That’s ok, you won that round...”

Comment

is you OK?! are you OK?!

Comment

Bad idea SMH And I wanna see Lubin do well but he ain't ready for the top guys after a Ishe Smith fight... Nope!!

Comment

Why did he take almost a year off, did he get injured?

10 months layoff is a lot of time for a rebuilding fighter his age.

Comment

charlo still has him slept. lol.

Comment

Not yet. If he gets past Smith and does it well, then give him someone in the lower half of the top 10 before putting him in against the top dogs. Talent and skill wise he can compete with anyone, but he still has things to learn and his chin has to prove to be solid enough.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Not yet. If he gets past Smith and does it well, then give him someone in the lower half of the top 10 before putting him in against the top dogs. Talent and skill wise he can compete with anyone, but he still has things to learn and his chin has to prove to be solid enough.
                +1

A win against Smith is solid, but doesn't make him a big dog automatically. I don't like how Cunningham's got the "put the division on notice" talk going.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
                  +1

A win against Smith is solid, but doesn't make him a big dog automatically. I don't like how Cunningham's got the "put the division on notice" talk going.
                  That is just trainer talk. Cunningham was good for Lubin though. Will get him ready. Now the only question is the chin. Is it THAT bad or could it be decent enough to allow his talent to overcome it? I won't let the Charlo KO sway me in saying it is super suspect, but surely he needs to prove that it is solid, not the other way around.

Comment

I would like to see Lubin vs. Gallimore after Ishe! Someone please explain how Kell Brook became the WBA #1 contender @ 154?

Comment

Working...
                    X