Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Broner Produces $6 Million Gate, 11,410 Tickets Sold

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Broner Produces $6 Million Gate, 11,410 Tickets Sold

Manny Pacquiao still boasts the ability to outperform most of the best welterweights in the ring and outdraw most other boxers at the box office. It still remains to be seen if he can recapture past glory in or out of the ring. Pacquiao's January 19th 12-round landslide win over former four-division titlist Adrien Broner at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas produced a live gate of just over $6 million from 11,410 tickets sold according to data provided to BoxingScene.com from the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Monday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That's still not bad for a guy who's passed him prime and fighting a B level guy who never headlined a ppv event before.

Comment

I'm glad it made some money.

Hope they make even more next time

Comment

But some may act like this is a everyday thing lol

Comment

The live gate was decent given how weak of an opponent Broner was.

Coupled with the PPV, Manny made some money off this fight, $20 million plus what? Another $7 or 8 million? That's def better than what Arum was paying him.

Manny got paid, upped his stock, and is set up for big fights, that's all that matters.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear how Pacquiao has fallen. He use to be a huge superstar. I hope he retires soon and be remembered as a great fighter who never ducked anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Clubber Pac View Post
              The live gate was decent given how weak of an opponent Broner was.

Coupled with the PPV, Manny made some money off this fight, $20 million plus what? Another $7 or 8 million? That's def better than what Arum was paying him.

Manny got paid, upped his stock, and is set up for big fights, that's all that matters.
              He definitely didn't get paid 20M plus another 7 or 8M. This fight didn't make enough for upside, but I bet it came pretty close to breaking even.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                He definitely didn't get paid 20M plus another 7 or 8M. This fight didn't make enough for upside, but I bet it came pretty close to breaking even.
                Wrong, it generated roughly 36 million, after the satellite companies get paid, and other overhead related items, Manny gets a lion share type cut, it's at LEAST 7 or 8 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                  I'm sorry to hear how Pacquiao has fallen. He use to be a huge superstar. I hope he retires soon and be remembered as a great fighter who never ducked anyone.
                  He really hasn't even fell. He's just cycling out of the mix with his age like all athletes do that are lucky enough to have a full career. He's only falling victim to Father Time. No shame

Comment

Horn didn’t beat PAC ! Canelo didn’t beat G !!😂😂🤧

The Judges know they robbed the true winners 😂

Comment

Working...
                    X