Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Clarifies Trainer's "Mike Tyson" Corner Instructions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Clarifies Trainer's "Mike Tyson" Corner Instructions

There reached a point in his eventual loss to Marcus Browne where Badou Jack couldn't do any more than survive the full 12 rounds. For those watching the Showtime Pay-Per-View telecast last Saturday, hearing the advice he was given in between rounds might've suggested his corner had all but given up as well.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good fight and such an awesome guy! I hope he heals and returns furious

Comment

Always a class act

Badou is a cool calm dude, and being a champion didn't change him. The times I've seen him in NY where he was KO'd in the 1st round to being in Detroit with his arms crossed at a weigh in like no problem this is a sign of a great humble person title or not. Big UPS champ!

Comment

Respect! Pay the man!!

Comment

I was concerned the cut would get infected.

Good dude. Fight may have been different without the bash, jack is a slow starter.

ALWAyS a slow starter

Comment

I didn't think the like Tyson reference was bad advice at that point. I figured that he meant, keep your hands up, move forward with head movement and try and land some vicious left hooks or right hands. That was his only shot at that point.

Comment

I only saw photos which looked really bad, I'd even guess he'd lost at least a quart of blood - if not more. The corner, referee or the ring side physician should be "brave" enough to stop something as dangerous looking as that!....talk about a crime scene !

Fighters sometimes are too brave for their own good, they need that independent concerned source stepping in to save them from themselves....If Jack had suddenly dropped (passed out) from the loss of blood, there wouldve been no surprise there.....that blood all over the place was crazy... and in all due respect - it was a "big deal."

Comment

To echo the previous posters, I heard the advice in the corner from Del Valle and didn't think it odd or ill-advised; it was obvious he was losing and he needed to try and get the kayo. If he said, I want to see your "Willy Pep", I might have been a little more confused (although avoiding getting hit would have been good advice with that gash on his forehead).

It's funny, early in Jack's career I kinda thought he was a fraud and got exposed when he lost to Edwards. In hindsight I can admit that I was wrong. He, like any other fighter, has flaws but dude is a warrior. Probably too much for his own good. That cut was wicked and the ringside doctors failed him even if they thought they were helping him at the time.

In some ways it reminds me of Brook's capitulation with a fractured orbital bone; people on boards were quick to call him a quitter but only he really knew what he had suffered and a ringside doctor wouldn't have been able to easily diagnose such a dangerous injury. If Jack said he had enough, I wouldn't have criticized him. The fact that he was willing to go out on his shield speaks volumes. His resume has some serious names on it and he will always have my respect.

Comment

I saw the fight live, surprised on inspection of the cut ( afew times ) the ref didn't stop it .. pretty obvious it was that bad and in the worst place possible..

Comment

Man dont be writing these dumb ass articles trying to throw shade on lou del valle. That man knows boxing and was the truth in the ring put the great roy on his ass in his prime. 1st one to drop roy. And u can see he's a good trainer. This is a dumb ass article if u ask me

Comment

Working...
                    X