Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Eager For Browne Rematch Once Cleared For Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Badou Jack Eager For Browne Rematch Once Cleared For Return

Badou Jack was prepared for the notion that he would be down early versus Marcus Browne, yet confident that he'd ride out the storm and ultimately emerge victorious. Midway through their light heavyweight title eliminator last Saturday in Las Vegas, it was clear Jack wasn't going to mount any kind of rally. Left bleeding profusely from a clash of heads in round seven, the best for which the former two-division titlist could hope in the absence of a dramatic late-rounds knockout was simply to hear the final bell.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Make it happen then!

Comment

Eager for another ass whooping? He will get stopped next time

Comment

Jack just couldn't get going in this fight in which he was clearly beaten.

He's right about the questionable tactics of Browne, that was obvious.

If they fight again, Jack may have to work on his conditioning and let his hands go earlier, he does have some mustard behind those punches, and seems to be at his best when in the pocket and backing his man up.

Browne will see this as springboard to a title fight, so it's doubtful they will meet again soon,

Comment

Browne KO's him in the rematch. Jack should chase that overrated MF Bivol

Comment

Jack is the ultimate hard luck fighter. He was losing without the cut but that just added insult to injury, or should it be injury to insult? Either way, Browne was fresher and faster and that showed. Still, Browne is a dirt bag whose tactics in the ring reflect his deplorable wife beating activities outside the ring. I hope he does get the fight with Gvozdyk after he takes his voluntary. No way in hell will he be able to hold on like he did against Jack. Gvozdyk has much better legs and uses the ring to his full advantage. Still it's a fight I'd like to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                Jack just couldn't get going in this fight in which he was clearly beaten.

He's right about the questionable tactics of Browne, that was obvious.

If they fight again, Jack may have to work on his conditioning and let his hands go earlier, he does have some mustard behind those punches, and seems to be at his best when in the pocket and backing his man up.

Browne will see this as springboard to a title fight, so it's doubtful they will meet again soon,
                Agreed. I just don't feel like Browne "dominated" Jack. I've seen Browne dominate guys....that's not what I saw on Saturday, especially against a guy with blood impairing his vision.

We've seen Jack make a way to get his shots off, he just couldn't really get it going on Saturday.

Again, Browne didn't just steamroll him like people are making it out to be, but he kept everything simple and played off of Jack's carelessness.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
                  Agreed. I just don't feel like Browne "dominated" Jack. I've seen Browne dominate guys....that's not what I saw on Saturday, especially against a guy with blood impairing his vision.

We've seen Jack make a way to get his shots off, he just couldn't really get it going on Saturday.

Again, Browne didn't just steamroll him like people are making it out to be, but he kept everything simple and played off of Jack's carelessness.
                  I agree with you both. He had a VERY bad night. Everyone does. He can train and come up with a game plan to beat him. Now they know what they have to do if they want to win.

Comment

Nah, no need for a rematch. Browne tamed Jack from round one on. Jack just couldn't get his shots off and I don't see how the rematch goes any different. Jack really has been put in tough the last three plus years and is now likely in a decline. He gave us some good entertaining fights so if this is truly the last of his prime years, it has been fun watching him against other top fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X