No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Wilder-Fury Needed a Promoter and a Megaphone

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Wilder-Fury Needed a Promoter and a Megaphone

New York - Legendary promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank has been around boxing for a long time. Throughout the decades, he's seen many changes in the manner that boxing has been distributed. The new content distribution deal which his company is under, with ESPN, combines linear television with new-age streaming via ESPN+.
    [Click Here To Read More]

he's not wrong technically. PBC being on Fox all the time now will really help Wilder/Fury II

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
      he's not wrong technically. PBC being on Fox all the time now will really help Wilder/Fury II
      Wilder v. Fury - 325k PPV buys
      Manny v. Broner - 400k PPV buys (trending above that)

I think it's safe to say PBC has figured something out.

If Garcia v. Spence clears 300k (I'm thinking it'll do more than 400k), then the PBC is off to a remarkable start with this revamped model.

Wilder v. Fury will likely pass 400k next time. So we're talking at least 5 PPV events from PBC that are true successes in one year. (Surely they'll have at least one more.)

*Historically, 300k has always been the benchmark for gauging a PPV worthy fight. Just see data on guys like Oscar, RJJ or early Manny. Floyd was an anamoly.

Comment

IDK anyone who's excited for this fight or will pay for this piece of shet fight between Crawford and Khan...
        Bob Arum must be smoking that good shet if he thinks this fight does good numbers on ppv...
        I like Crawford but this fight isn't ppv worthy!
        I'm certainly not paying for this piece of shet fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post

If Garcia v. Spence clears 300k (I'm thinking it'll do more than 400k), then the PBC is off to a remarkable start with this revamped model.

Wilder v. Fury will likely pass 400k next time. So we're talking at least 5 PPV events from PBC that are true successes in one year. (Surely they'll have at least one more.)

*Historically, 300k has always been the benchmark for gauging a PPV worthy fight. Just see data on guys like Oscar, RJJ or early Manny. Floyd was an anamoly.
          Quit swinging off Floyd's nutts now and stop exaggerating!
          How many ppv's you think Floyd sold before he fought Oscar??

Comment

You think Spence/Garcia does 400k? Wow!!!!! That would be pretty insane if it did THAT. Considering both put up far less numbers on SHO than Broner, I'd be VERY surprised it does over 400k. Heck, I would be surprised if it clears 300k. They do have FOX backing but neither guy is really a huge name right now. Wilder did dang near double the numbers on SHO as Spence/Garcia do for the most part.

But let's see how FOX promotes the fight and how much time/money they spend on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              Quit swinging off Floyd's nutts now and stop exaggerating!
              How many ppv's you think Floyd sold before he fought Oscar??
              Pipe down. Floyd was an anamoly in the sense that after he hit 1 million buys he basically stayed above that number. I think we all know his first 3 PPV events did 300k PPV buys as well.

It's too early for your ranting btw lol

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                You think Spence/Garcia does 400k? Wow!!!!! That would be pretty insane if it did THAT. Considering both put up far less numbers on SHO than Broner, I'd be VERY surprised it does over 400k. Heck, I would be surprised if it clears 300k. They do have FOX backing but neither guy is really a huge name right now. Wilder did dang near double the numbers on SHO as Spence/Garcia do for the most part.

But let's see how FOX promotes the fight and how much time/money they spend on it.
                I think that 300k is basically a certainty at this point. I'm leaning towards 400k because I think there's a Latino push coming for that fight. Mikey has done something here. It will be supported.

I'm expecting 40k - 50k ppl in the stadium that night as well.

Comment

Pipe down. Floyd was an anamoly in the sense that after he hit 1 million buys he basically stayed above that number. I think we all know his first 3 PPV events did 300k PPV buys as well.

It's too early for your ranting btw lol
                  It's never too early to dispute boxing!

Comment

Procrastinating Broke Champions is sinking! Pretty soon these broke boys are home come crawling back! Them they'll have to fight for once!

Comment

Working...
                    X