No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Dishes Out Adrien Broner's Comeuppance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Manny Pacquiao Dishes Out Adrien Broner's Comeuppance

By Tris Dixon - WE might feast on the comeuppance Adrien Broner is dished out with each passing defeat. The novelty was first tasted when he lost to Marcos Maidana, a victory that made the Argentine a cult hero. We have had four such doses with subsequent defeats to Shawn Porter, Mikey Garcia and now, on Saturday in Las Vegas, to Manny Pacquiao. Broner, the potty-mouthed rebel from Cincinnati, is winless in his last three and has won three of his last seven...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Brilliant article great read and all facts

Comment

There's no major major problem it's only Broner.

Comment

I don't know if I agree with this article 100%, because I don't think it's fair to say that he didn't deserve his early success - there was once a time when people believed that yes, he actually was all that and his boasts of him taking over boxing and becoming the new Mayweather had at least a little credibility to them. Of course, things panned out differently but that's not how it looked back then.

I definitely agree with the spirit of the article though, that was definitely last chance saloon for him and he blew it spectacularly. At 29 he's not exactly a fresh-faced youngster any more and it's going to take a miracle or him to actually change his ways and realise his talent (which would also be a miracle) for him to become credible again and work his way back to the top level - and that's assuming that a lawsuit doesn't take him out first.

Comment

Great article. It's harsh on the words it described Broner, but it is what it is.

Comment

This article somehow tries to put Adrian Broner in a Kardashian light. It's saying that he has done nothing to earn some of the rewards he has received when in fact he has actually put his life on the line for the entertainment of the fans who pay his bills. Sure...he has underachieved based on others expectations of him. And yes...he has been earbashed by money men around him that he can beat people who he clearly cannot...but his resume win lose or draw is as good as any modern day fighter going around. He doesn't fight that often but when he does...it's not against cherrypicks. If he did...his record would be stellar and we would still be lauding him as the second coming of Mayweather. What this article does is put personality before performance and as a boxing fan I am disappointed that I wasted 30 seconds reading to the end.

Comment

Another ameribum.

Comment

Broner is a piece of shet! That's all he really is!

Comment

I was thinking whether broner is worth my time of even writing a post of laughing about him... Well, fine, I can laugh a few bits of time more.

Comment

Originally posted by knockoutkid View Post
                    Another ameribum.
                    Still good enough to beat up eurobums like Ashley Theophane.

Comment

Working...
                    X