Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Dillian Whyte Discusses Being a Free Agent, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Dillian Whyte Discusses Being a Free Agent, More

Dillian Whyte Video Interview - SHOWTIME PPV will present a welterweight world championship showdown between two of boxing's biggest stars as Manny Pacquiao makes his long-awaited return to the U.S. against must-see attraction Adrien Broner on Saturday, January 19 live on SHOWTIME PPV at 9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What is this? The title says something different from the content

Comment

Miller doesn't deserve a fight with Joshua. Saying it builds Joshua in America is BS, more people probably know Whyte than Miller in America.

Whyte confirming Klitschko is coming back.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 01-18-2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

I didn't read the other thread but I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick. Dillian didn't say he's a free agent.

He said Joshua won't fight him. The interviewer then referred to him as a free agent in that context - ie he's free to fight anyone.

Dillian specifically said he's not looking to leave Matchroom.

You've got to be careful reading to much into every word. The boy isn't the sharpest.

Comment

https://youtu.be/feQBYyg-2Q0

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            I didn't read the other thread but I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick. Dillian didn't say he's a free agent.

He said Joshua won't fight him. The interviewer then referred to him as a free agent in that context - ie he's free to fight anyone.

Dillian specifically said he's not looking to leave Matchroom.

You've got to be careful reading to much into every word. The boy isn't the sharpest.
            ge did say he isn’t under contract with Matchroom though

Comment

no promoter will touch him

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                ge did say he isn’t under contract with Matchroom though
                In that clip? I don't hear it at all. He says that he's not looking to leave Sky or Matchroom right at the start.

EDIT: Just saw the video on the other thread (which wasn't there when I originally saw it). He does say he has a rolling fight by fight deal with Matchroom.

So basically, he's with them until he decides he isn't anymore. And that's the threat he's putting out there to push Eddie and Joshua into a better deal.

Without knowing the offer he was made, he did still get an offer for a title shot. Reckon he might find that tougher elsewhere. Certainly Wilder's mob aren't going to risk taking on Dillian with the low interest it would generate.
                Last edited by Toffee; 01-18-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

He manages himself and he's promoted by matchroom. Leaving them wouldn't do his career good because he has a good UK Sky following and he's in a very good position in the rankings.

I haven't heard him say he's leaving Matchroom. If he's chasing belts he has AJ waiting and if he's chasing money he should keep doing what he's doing with Sky and Matchroom.

Comment

Just bull**** hype he already signed for the rematch with Joshua for British and Common wealth belts

Comment

Working...
                    X