No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC: Jack-Browne Winner Will Be Mandatory To Gvozdyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC: Jack-Browne Winner Will Be Mandatory To Gvozdyk

Already carrying the intrigue of a 50/50 light heavyweight matchup, the stakes have significantly raised for Badou Jack and Marcus Browne. The two are set to collide this weekend in Las Vegas, in chief support to the welterweight title clash between Manny Pacquiao and Adrien Broner (Saturday, Showtime Pay-Per-View, 9:00pm ET/6:00pm PT). Throughout the buildup, the pair of light heavyweights have repeatedly shrugged off questions regarding future fights, refusing to look past one another.
    [Click Here To Read More]

See what I want to know, how come when GGG was coming up, he was only made top contender for the WBA? And then even then the WBA gave Sturm the "Super" designation so he would never have to fight any mandatories. Just being #1 in the WBA is what prevented GGG from being mandatory to the other champs in the US and getting those fights.

It's just like how Usyk has accomplished more than GGG in just two years, thanks mostly to the WBSS, but he wouldn't have been able to become the man of the division in the first place, and get the #1 seed in the WBSS, if he hadn't been made mandatory to the #1 guy at cruiser at the time, Glowacki, after Glowacki KO'd Huck. When a young up and coming star is on the come up, it doesn't help them to become mandatory to the #2 or #3 titlist in the division, because even if they get that fight and they win, people will still question if they are better than #1, limiting their star power until they get the fight with the #1. In fact it even hurts them because by getting another belt, it keeps them off the rankings for the belt that the #1 has, who they should have been mandatory to, and fighting, in the first place, if they are in fact the #1 up and coming star in the division, the TRUE "#1 contender" to the TRUE champ of the division, so to speak.

You see the same with Spence. Getting the Brook fight was nice but it would have been a lot better for him to be Thurman's mandatory. Then the fight would happen on Spence's timeline. Now because Thurman never has to worry about Spence being his mandatory, since Spence has the other belt, Thurman can wait as long as he wants to fight Spence. And the same thing happened to GGG.

So Im wondering why GGG didn't get this same special treatment? Is Badou Jack so much better than GGG that he gets to be the mandatory to basically every belt in the division, besides maybe the one his team would probably never want him to face anyway (Beterbiev's style is all wrong for him)? This is another example of the Al Haymon privilege in boxing. Hey, I see why boxers would want to sign with him, when he gets the most favorable treatment from sanctioning bodies, but it's still not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      See what I want to know, how come when GGG was coming up, he was only made top contender for the WBA? And then even then the WBA gave Sturm the "Super" designation so he would never have to fight any mandatories. Just being #1 in the WBA is what prevented GGG from being mandatory to the other champs in the US and getting those fights.

It's just like how Usyk has accomplished more than GGG in just two years, thanks mostly to the WBSS, but he wouldn't have been able to become the man of the division in the first place, and get the #1 seed in the WBSS, if he hadn't been made mandatory to the #1 guy at cruiser at the time, Glowacki, after Glowacki KO'd Huck. When a young up and coming star is on the come up, it doesn't help them to become mandatory to the #2 or #3 titlist in the division, because even if they get that fight and they win, people will still question if they are better than #1, limiting their star power until they get the fight with the #1. In fact it even hurts them because by getting another belt, it keeps them off the rankings for the belt that the #1 has, who they should have been mandatory to, and fighting, in the first place, if they are in fact the #1 up and coming star in the division, the TRUE "#1 contender" to the TRUE champ of the division, so to speak.

You see the same with Spence. Getting the Brook fight was nice but it would have been a lot better for him to be Thurman's mandatory. Then the fight would happen on Spence's timeline. Now because Thurman never has to worry about Spence being his mandatory, since Spence has the other belt, Thurman can wait as long as he wants to fight Spence. And the same thing happened to GGG.

So Im wondering why GGG didn't get this same special treatment? Is Badou Jack so much better than GGG that he gets to be the mandatory to basically every belt in the division, besides maybe the one his team would probably never want him to face anyway (Beterbiev's style is all wrong for him)? This is another example of the Al Haymon privilege in boxing. Hey, I see why boxers would want to sign with him, when he gets the most favorable treatment from sanctioning bodies, but it's still not fair.
      Be careful and beware of all the trolls of this site, especially Canola cheerleader fans about your statement. I took the time to read your post and you have a good portion of fair and valid points there.

Comment

GvozDUCK gon' run and hide back to Russia wit he's chicken ass! He dont wan't that smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
          Be careful and beware of all the trolls of this site, especially Canola cheerleader fans about your statement. I took the time to read your post and you have a good portion of fair and valid points there.
          Maybe you and her should hook up and be lovers....

Comment

Gvozdyk beats Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Dasmius Shinobi View Post
              Appreciate it, and that's true, I've noticed many respond with biased BS without even reading.

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
              I mean, if that account happens to be a hot chick who is single and interested and lives nearby, then hell yeah we should, but it's probably just a guy like me sharing their boxing opinion, so I think we'll just stick to making good points about boxing, unlike you who ignores good points and just makes personal insults about how people should hook up just because they agree about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Touch a nerve here? I knew you are going to be the first to comment in my post and you took the bait like a fish.

Comment

This is the best fight on Saturday night! SHAOLIN (Staten Island) LET'S GO!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post

Jack’s last fight was a controversial draw for the WBC belt, and many felt there should have been a rematch ordered.

So Jack wouldn’t have lost his WBC ranking. Jack is currently (still) #1 in the WBC and Browne is #2. It only makes sense for this to be a final eliminator.

And Sturm paid off the WBA. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Working...
                    X