No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant-Jose Uzcategui: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant-Jose Uzcategui: Afterthoughts

Sometimes the story does matter. It doesn't, or shouldn't, matter in the realm of judging the rounds of a fight. The two men with gloves on their fists and what they do with them are all that matters three minutes at a time. Where the stories matter is in how the audience invests in a fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

David Benavidez returning to fight March 16 after 13 months out of ring
    ESPN
    December 19, 2018:

"Former super middleweight world titlist Anthony Dirrell (32-1-1, 24 KOs) and Avni Yildirim (21-1, 12 KOs) will meet for a vacant belt on Feb. 23 in Minneapolis. Lewkowicz said the winner of that fight must make his first defense against Benavidez, per the WBC's ruling, as long as Benavidez wins on March 16. Benavidez was supposed to face Dirrell in a mandatory defense before he was stripped of the title."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...turns-march-16

Comment

got a chance to see the performance yesterday, was impressed with Plant

Comment

Uzcategui's coach said that the key to winning this fight was that his fighter had to be patient. He wasn't...he was rushing in without jabbing, because he was overconfident. Thus ...the loss of the belt.

Comment

Caleb

Good for plant, I knew he would win on points. He gassed late so hopefully he doesn’t overtrain and hopefully the experience helps. Good to see the USA get another champion....what is that 18 now?

Comment

How did Yildirim get to a WBC title fight? I think the WBC Diamond champ is no.1 at the mo. Nobody has ever dismantled George Groves like that

Comment

These guys had a really touching exchange in the dressing room. You'll find it on fighnews. Uzi gave some kind words to plant and told him to take care of his family through use of the belt.

Comment

Working...
              X