Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Backs Porter To Win, Says Ugas Can Cause Problems

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi Backs Porter To Win, Says Ugas Can Cause Problems

WBC 147-pound titleholder Shawn Porter is approaching his initial defense in his second reign as world champion against wily title challenger Yordenis Ugas on March 9 as if the battle of Las Vegans is the the fight of his life, and Showtime's ringside analyst Paulie Malignaggi believes that he should.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Porter could have made a unification with Spence if he really wanted to, and we wouldn't be seeing Spence Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia in March! Just because of that, and the fact that I don't want to see Thurman vs. Porter II, I hope Ugas schools him! Ugas has all the tools to get it done too! "Showtime," and "One Time," stop wasting my time! Time to face "The Truth!" MAN UP!

Comment

Porter beats Ugas, but Ugas is though test.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I think Porter could have made a unification with Spence if he really wanted to, and we wouldn't be seeing Spence Jr. vs. Mikey Garcia in March! Just because of that, and the fact that I don't want to see Thurman vs. Porter II, I hope Ugas schools him! Ugas has all the tools to get it done too! "Showtime," and "One Time," stop wasting my time! Time to face "The Truth!" MAN UP!
        Spence is my guy but I have a feeling he is not in a rush to fight any of these guys either. Since his win over Brooks, he has done absolutely nothing other than a lot of media chirping instead of doing the works behinds the scenes to get the fights down. Fighting those mismatches and the big pay day that comes with it makes these guys not want to step to each other. Imagine Crawford getting paid over 3 million to fight Benavidez and I think Spence made over 2m to fight Ocampo. If Mikey a little guy who has no business in welterweight can call out Spence and make every move behind the scene to get the fight made, I see no reason why Spence/Porter or Spence/Garcia could not have been made if they all really want it. Mikey dared to be great with that call and Spence just sees an easy payday. All of these guys are ducking one another and that includes Spence too.

Comment

Another lost at 147 and porter is done.

Comment

I am sure Porter will win. He has a much better record. Ugas has losses to mediocre fighters and no wins that indicate he could beat Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
              Spence is my guy but I have a feeling he is not in a rush to fight any of these guys either. Since his win over Brooks, he has done absolutely nothing other than a lot of media chirping instead of doing the works behinds the scenes to get the fights down. Fighting those mismatches and the big pay day that comes with it makes these guys not want to step to each other. Imagine Crawford getting paid over 3 million to fight Benavidez and I think Spence made over 2m to fight Ocampo. If Mikey a little guy who has no business in welterweight can call out Spence and make every move behind the scene to get the fight made, I see no reason why Spence/Porter or Spence/Garcia could not have been made if they all really want it. Mikey dared to be great with that call and Spence just sees an easy payday. All of these guys are ducking one another and that includes Spence too.
              I agree with you 100%
              Didn’t seem that hard for Garcia to make the fight happen from the moment he called Spence out
              Imo if this fight can be made so easily then why not the rest , just goes to show the bullchit from promoters let alone the fighters

Comment

Will be a competitive fight but in the end Porter wins a clear UD 116-112

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                  Mikey has no business at welterweight???? Mikey beat the hell out of former welterweight champion Broner and won a world title at 140. Mikey would be the beating favorite to beat most of the top welterweights. Spence had no good offers to fight Crawford, Thurman or Porter. Spence didn't call out Mikey. Mikey called out Spence loud and clear. If Spence had said no I can't fight you because you are too small you and others would be trashing Spence as a coward afraid to fight the little guy. Spence can accept the challenge and KO a top pfp guy and make much more money doing it than he could make for any other fight. Hell no Spence should not turn down the Mikey challenge. He would be crazy if he did. If Mikey wants to dare to be great then let him. Bash the little bragger back down to lightweight and show him Spence is the true champion of all welterweights. Mikey challenged Spence and Spence said yes. Good for Spence. Those of you who don't like the fight can watch the great fights between Thurman and Lopez, Crawford and Khan and Porter and Ugas instead. MAN DOWN!

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I am sure Porter will win. He has a much better record. Ugas has losses to mediocre fighters and no wins that indicate he could beat Porter.
                    Making a fight prediction solely based on fighters' track records isn't really a good idea, especially when there is footage of said fighters. You will never predict any upset win this way. You have probably seen them, a quick breakdown of the fight based on what they actually do in the ring would have been more meaningful.

Before the Alexander fight, Porter struggled to get a draw against a faded Julio Diaz and had no wins that indicated he could beat Alexander either, yet he did. Also, as I am sure you know, many fighters who went on to become world champions had losses to average or mediocre fighters before getting better.

Comment

Working...
                    X