Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin "I Definitely Want The Jermell Charlo Rematch!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin "I Definitely Want The Jermell Charlo Rematch!"

In October, 2017 Erickson Lubin came up short in his attempt to win the WBC super welterweight title. Then champion Jermell Charlo caught the 23-year-old in the first round and stopped him. Since then Lubin hasn't been very active, having fought only once. That fight took place last April when he stopped Silverio Ortiz in 4 rounds. He said that the plan is to become much more active in 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If he can beat Ishe, I would like to see him fight Sulecki, if Sulecki can still make 154. Lubin and Sulecki are ranked #6 and #7 by the WBC! Why is Kell Brook ranked #3 by the WBC, #2 by the WBA, and #4 by both the IBF and WBO? What significant victory did he have @ 154?

Comment

I wanna see Lubin fight a guy with real power. I am not convinced Lubin can take a punch

Comment

It makes since for luben to fight charlo. That leaves Harrison to fight his voluntary fight and those two charlo and luben can squeeze the 1 or 2 wbc spot. Pending ishe don't get the win vs luben

Comment

Originally posted by Rbjr77 View Post
          It makes since for luben to fight charlo. That leaves Harrison to fight his voluntary fight and those two charlo and luben can squeeze the 1 or 2 wbc spot. Pending ishe don't get the win vs luben
          Pretty sure Jermell is gonna exercise his rematch asap.
          It will probably end up paired with Hurd-Williams.

Comment

Charlo is definitely rematching Harrison next. Putting it on the Hurd/JRock UC makes a lot of sense. Actually it makes too much sense for it to happen lol.

As for Lubin wanting a rematch with Charlo? Sure, just not now. Needs at least three more fights before getting the Charlo rematch. If he can pass all the development tests against the likes of Smith/Vanes/Trout/etc, then sure give him the rematch. Probably sometime next year depending on how the Charlo/Harrison rematch goes as well as the Hurd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              If he can beat Ishe, I would like to see him fight Sulecki, if Sulecki can still make 154. Lubin and Sulecki are ranked #6 and #7 by the WBC! Why is Kell Brook ranked #3 by the WBC, #2 by the WBA, and #4 by both the IBF and WBO? What significant victory did he have @ 154?
              He has a major promoter n also being a former title holder may or may not have helped getting that push in another weight class ...because has no significant wins at 54, we both know this lol

Comment

Lubin looking all wrong here
                He’s not very active ( going for rematch right away would just get him the same result as the first fight imo )
                Needs to step up and show he deserves rematch
                To me , Ishe is a stepping stone , would need a much tougher opponent to show his willingness for rematch

Comment

Yeah, I picked Lubin to win in an upset in that Charlo fight.

Yep. Still not living that one down....

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                    Lubin looking all wrong here
                    He’s not very active ( going for rematch right away would just get him the same result as the first fight imo )
                    Needs to step up and show he deserves rematch
                    To me , Ishe is a stepping stone , would need a much tougher opponent to show his willingness for rematch

Yeah he'd get knocked out if they rematched right now for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X