Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Nobody in HBO Upper Brass Had Passion For Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Nobody in HBO Upper Brass Had Passion For Boxing

Last year, Golden Boy Promotions made a big move when they signed an exclusive five year deal with streaming service DAZN. Golden Boy was looking for a new home after their longtime network partner, HBO, made an unexpected announcement to drop boxing - after 45 years of televising the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oscars right and it’s obvious those guys had zero passion for the sport.

Comment

They have passion for Money. I guess boxing didn’t bring that to them. Must be due to all the illegal streaming.

Comment

Oscar's right. HBO's upper brass had no interest in keeping the sport on the network. The writing was on the wall when they kept cutting the boxing budget. It's sad because HBO really had the best presentation overall when it came to boxing but they just didn't want to continue. Like they said, they want to compete with Netflix and other streaming services that focus on original storytelling content. Sports just doesn't have a place in that vision anymore for them. A shame but life goes on and so will boxing. With that being said to use Suge Knight's words, "Come to DAZN."

Comment

Oscar is right and he benefitted from that lack of passion by putting on ppv cards that had no business being on hbo ppv or even have been matches in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingitis View Post
            They have passion for Money. I guess boxing didn’t bring that to them. Must be due to all the illegal streaming.
            Must be from T.B.E. leaving.

Comment

Nothing last forever. HBO had a run that will go down in history. Their presentation especially in the 80 and 90s heavy weight era will remain unmatched forever. However, one that expects HBO to stick around forever is expecting to much.

Enjoy what they did for us and let’s not give them to much of a hard time.

Comment

De La Hoya: Nobody in HBO Upper Brass Had Passion For Kitchen Utensils
                Fixed.....

Comment

I knew HBO was slowly getting out of boxing when I had to buy Postol vs. Crawford back in 2016.

Comment

American boxing hasn't been the same since Lewis/Holyfield I. After that fight, casual fans were so turned off by the decision which seemed like a clear and decisive victory for Lewis; That they simply quit watching the sport. It became a watershed moment in the sport of boxing not only in America but also globally. It's popularity began to wane and decline after that bout.

Comment

Working...
                    X