Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington on Russell, Valdez, Santa Cruz - Bring Them On!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington on Russell, Valdez, Santa Cruz - Bring Them On!

Josh Warrington is content to remain an underdog but hopes there can be no doubting his status as one of the world's best featherweights after a barnstorming victory over Carl Frampton. The two combatants engaged in a contender for fight of the year at the Manchester Arena but Warrington largely came out on top of the numerous bruising exchanges to earn a unanimous decision win.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Josh’s face is shaped like a stealth diamond which makes all punches reflect off.

Fighter and trainer of the year

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
      I think Josh’s face is shaped like a stealth diamond which makes all punches reflect off.

Fighter and trainer of the year
      I haven’t said a single nice thing about him but he has to be British fighter of the year

Comment

He has a chance against Valdez, but he won't beat LSC or Russell.

Comment

Don't think he beats Santa Cruz. He's smoking some exotic ***** if he thinks he beats Russell.

Good win though buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
            He has a chance against Valdez, but he won't beat LSC or Russell.
            You are crazy! Valdez would whoop this guy into tko... Leo beats him with volume and Russel toys with him using speed and agles.

Comment

Those fights would be really exciting. I just wish first that Gary Russell Jr and Leo Santa Cruz would fight each other, maybe winner could face Warrington? Santa Cruz vs Russell Jr is a fight that I have been wanting to see for quite some time now

Comment

He surprised me vs Frampton, the turbo-windmill mode he goes into had a lot of well placed and varied shots, and when he went to the outside, he also had some good skills. He's improving.

Frampton is still only a year removed from a couple of MDs against Santa Cruz, and far from washed up. Warrington/Santa Cruz would be the fight - volume vs volume and a potential FOTY.

Warrington overwhelmed Frampton at times. Frampton tried to stand in the pocket and pick his shots but the heat coming his way was too much for him. I'd give him a shot vs Russell just because he's twice as active as Russell (in terms of Warrington fights twice a year and Russell once), and for all of Russells speed, Warrington could also overwhelm him at times as Russell isn't a comfortable stand-in-the-pocket fighter and prefers the outside (as does Frampton).

Any pairing of Santa Cruz/Russell/Warrington/Valdez would be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                  You are crazy! Valdez would whoop this guy into tko... Leo beats him with volume and Russel toys with him using speed and agles.
                  Just saying that out of the three, Valdez is the weakest opponent... Thus he has a chance. But my money would still be on Valdez.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
                    I haven’t said a single nice thing about him but he has to be British fighter of the year
                    He keeps winning me money! I love him at the mo

Comment

Working...
                    X