No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton vs. Josh Warrington: Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton vs. Josh Warrington: Afterthoughts

Sometimes it's more fun to be wrong. Going into the fight, it was perceived here Carl Frampton was just a little level better than Josh Warrington. That thinking was dispelled early as Warrington let loose streams of leather. Then one had to wonder if he could sustain as Frampton started to get into the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Frampton isn't bad, but he definitely isn't as good as McGuigan or British media made him out to be: domestic level with an edge. Imagine what Rigondeaux or Russel would have done to him. Thus the really thin resume... (excluding Santa Cruz)

Comment

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
      Frampton isn't bad, but he definitely isn't as good as McGuigan or British media made him out to be: domestic level with an edge. Imagine what Rigondeaux or Russel would have done to him. Thus the really thin resume... (excluding Santa Cruz)
      Nonsense. Frampton has beaten 6/7 champions, challenged 4 defending world champions in his career and won 3 of those fights. Has taken Quigg and LSC's '0', was fighter of the year 2016, was universal p4p top-10 between his win and loss to LSC. And he's beaten 2 HOF fighters (LSC and past-prime Donaire). If he had won this fight against Warrington then we'd be talking about how he's only a couple of wins from having a HOF resume. Put some respect of Frampton's name. I don't think it's the end of the road for him, but if he hangs them up then he can take pride in being one of the most accomplished British fighters of the past 30 years.

Comment

My afterthoughts are both are some tough SOBs.

I would love to see Warrington vs LSC. Would be interesting with the amount of punches both fighter throw. I'm assuming LSC would be the boxer in that fight and fight off his back foot like he did in the Frampton rematch and vs Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
          Nonsense. Frampton has beaten 6/7 champions, challenged 4 defending world champions in his career and won 3 of those fights. Has taken Quigg and LSC's '0', was fighter of the year 2016, was universal p4p top-10 between his win and loss to LSC. And he's beaten 2 HOF fighters (LSC and past-prime Donaire). If he had won this fight against Warrington then we'd be talking about how he's only a couple of wins from having a HOF resume. Put some respect of Frampton's name. I don't think it's the end of the road for him, but if he hangs them up then he can take pride in being one of the most accomplished British fighters of the past 30 years.
          If you consider Quigg a champion, well... that pretty much says it all.

Comment

If you consider Quigg a champion, well... that pretty much says it all.
            https://www.boxingscene.com/carl-fra...stakes--134858

Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced: Steve Molitor TKO6; Kiko Martinez TKO9, UD12; Hugo Cazares KO2; Scott Quigg SD12; Leo Santa Cruz MD12, L12; Nonito Donaire UD12

Boxingscene seem to count his as one. Why are you using their forum if they're not credible?

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/carl-fra...stakes--134858

Current/Former World Champions/Titlists Faced: Steve Molitor TKO6; Kiko Martinez TKO9, UD12; Hugo Cazares KO2; Scott Quigg SD12; Leo Santa Cruz MD12, L12; Nonito Donaire UD12

Boxingscene seem to count his as one. Why are you using their forum if they're not credible?
              Oh I see you're the "if it's on tv, it must be true" type! First off, just mentioning Molitor is criminal. Secondly, Martinez and Donaire were way past their prime. And personally I don't even know who Cazares is, to be honest.

He has one good win, against LSC...And if I remember correctly, he wasn't in the best spirits, his dad being diagnosed with cancer.

So... I get that you're a fan, but it shouldn't stop you from seing the truth.

Comment

Oh I see you're the "if it's on tv, it must be true" type! First off, just mentioning Molitor is criminal. Secondly, Martinez and Donaire were way past their prime. And personally I don't even know who Cazares is, to be honest.

He has one good win, against LSC...And if I remember correctly, he wasn't in the best spirits, his dad being diagnosed with cancer.

So... I get that you're a fan, but it shouldn't stop you from seing the truth.
                To not acknowledge that Frampton has had a brilliant career is not seeing the truth imo.

If Leo wasn't using his father's illness as an excuse for losing, what gives you the right?

Comment

To not acknowledge that Frampton has had a brilliant career is not seeing the truth imo.

If Leo wasn't using his father's illness as an excuse for losing, what gives you the right?
                  He's had a lucrative career thanks to McGuigan... and good marketing. But brilliant? Please. You're starting to sound like a Hearn clone.

Comment

Picked against Warrington - again - and was happy to be proved wrong... kid's got that kinda resolve and the engine that can upset the odds over and over. Chances are I'll keep picking against him against the guy I perceive to be the 'more skilled fighter' but if he keeps proving me wrong I'll be happy to be so. Love me those dudes who keep re-writing the narrative just out of sheer bloody mindedness. Froch was another of that ilk, and while I can't see Warrington getting that far... well, that's just the point isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X