Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marsh Slams Adam Booth Over Josh Kelly vs. Avanesyan Fallout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marsh Slams Adam Booth Over Josh Kelly vs. Avanesyan Fallout

David Avanesyan's manager Neil Marsh was left fuming following the late fallout of a clash between his man and highly touted prospect Josh Kelly at the eleventh hour in Sheffield last Saturday. The two were due to meet at the Sheffield Arena, with Kelly's WBA International welterweight strap on the line, on the undercard of Kell Brook's victory over Michael Zerafa on Sky Sports, however Kelly was withdrawn with his team claiming he had suffered an illness overnight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting. I thought something was a bit fishy. I like Booth but he's got a lot of history with this sort of thing with Haye and Groves back in the day.

Comment

I’m not surprised ,booth is a smug twat. I know there is always two sides to every story but I want to believe him so I will .lol

Comment

Neil Marsh better be careful, the small circle that controls British boxing doesn't take kindly to having their bull**** put out in the public.

Comment

I'm glad this came out. Shady dealings should not be allowed to go on without the public knowing.

Comment

Told you. Go look at my previous post on this fight when Kelly pulled out. I said that they knew it was a highly competitive fight and they didn't want that for Kelly as it might have ended in his first loss. Have people forgotten Booth and Haye working together or something? Have they forgotten Haye pulling out of fights?

It had NOTHING to do with an illness. Outside of Joshua, Khan, Whyte...who else do they have? Brook couldn't even do half of Sheffield Arena. Kelly has the potential to replace both Khan and Brook when they retire and could do stadium fillers in Newcastle at a very young age so they don't want to risk him losing this early. He won't achieve anywhere near what Khan has. 147lb is packed with killers and so is 154lb. The only way he does something is if he waits for them all to age and move divisions but he's struggling with 147lb himself just like Kell Brook always has since he was 22.

It's going to be bum after bum, late call ups with decent names but might as well be a bum with one/two weeks notice like Buatsi vs Quinlan. Matchrooms typical way of padding up a fighters record.

Anyway on the card it was the only 50/50 fight that night. Turns out the stripper Zerafa stole the show LMFAO!!

Comment

“They underestimated my experience with the WBA, who I have worked with as both a manager and promoter at all levels, so I got in contact with their European chief. I confirmed with them that it was a 12 round fight for a title, which was the contract submitted and the fight that they approved.

“I met with Adam Booth, I called him out and asked him why he wanted to cheat David out of two rounds? He replied it was always a 10 round fight, which again I called him out on and replied that he didn’t want the fight. He first threatened to lose the title to make it a 10 round non-title fight and then threatened to pull out of the fight there and then, unless it was changed to 10 rounds. In short, they bottled it!

“The next morning I saw Adam Booth leaving the hotel with some of his things and then later on in the rules meeting he barely inspected the gloves, basically picking the first ones he opened and throwing them in the box he didn’t open pair two and why would you not look at the options to give your fighter the best gloves to suit. I knew something was really off because this is strange behaviour. I knew even more that something was wrong."
              WOW!

Comment

There is a lot of shadiness in boxing, and nothing surprises me to be honest. I put this down to Kelly struggling at the weights. If the contract says 12 rounds and they trying to get it changed to 10 rounds then it tells me he didn’t make the weigh healthy. Anyways they have said he is “ill” and that the fight would happen next month. Let’s wait and see.

Comment

There's something off with Kelly, he looks too intense, he's either got a lot of nerves or he's a bit crazy or possibly psychopathic. Booth is too controlling of an individual, that can cause nerves.

Comment

Working...
                  X