Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matt Korobov: People Know That I Beat Jermall Charlo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Matt Korobov: People Know That I Beat Jermall Charlo!

WBC Interim Middleweight Champion Jermall Charlo (28-0, 21 KOs) won a hard-fought unanimous decision over Matt Korobov (28-2, 13 KOs) to defend his title in the main event of Premier Boxing Champions on FOX and FOX Deportes Saturday night from Barclays Center, the home of BROOKLYN BOXING.
    [Click Here To Read More]

In my eyes he won the fight, but this kind of match its going to be kind of subjective. Did you like Korobovs 3-5 big shots that he landed cleanly, or Charlos work, which was more but it was jabs and more glancing blows each round?

Good performance. It is what it is.

Comment

Charlo beat his ass. The fight was close through the first 6 rounds. Foh lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        In my eyes he won the fight, but this kind of match its going to be kind of subjective. Did you like Korobovs 3-5 big shots that he landed cleanly, or Charlos work, which was more but it was jabs and more glancing blows each round?

What it definitely was not was a 119-108 fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post

And it's funny the same people who claimed GGG lost to Canelo cuz all he did was jab are now praising Jermall for doing just that lmao. Gotta love these silly guys

Comment

I can certainly understand why he feels that way. None of the cards were fair. Were they making up for Jermell being robbed I wonder.

Comment

Naw. He fought a good fight but Jermall beat him fair and square.

This was in no way a bad decision like Harrison vs Jermell.

Comment

It wouldn’t have been a robbery if Korobov had won 7-5 as I could see how a judge would have him up 5-1 the first six rounds and edging 2 of the final 6 rounds. I say this as someone who feels Charlo is overrated and uncharismatic and I was rooting for the comeback underdog Korobov, but I truly think that Charlo pulled out a 7-5 win as he really came on strong the latter half and took the fight to Korobov. Korobov still had some success the latter half of the fight but Jermall imo was winning the rounds. A 6-6 draw would have been a reasonable result too. I give Jermall credit for nearly getting the ko in the 12th. Korobov deserves to be back in the mix at middleweight and get some good fights. Charlo will be a better fighter from this experience and will improve from this fight. Nobody has boxed circles around him like Korobov did the first 5 rounds or so but he made some adjustments, never gave up and found a way to win.

Comment

jermall charlo is now exposed was overhyped.

GGG, Canelo and Jacobs , all three would beat Charlo every day of week and twice on weekends

Comment

He most likely deserved a loss but he raised his stock at 35. I hope he gets some fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X