Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton: 'If I Beat Josh Warrington, I'm No. 1 at 126'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Frampton: 'If I Beat Josh Warrington, I'm No. 1 at 126'

When WBO interim titleholder Carl Frampton challenges unbeaten IBF counterpart Josh Warrington on Saturday at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England, "The Jackal" returns to the site of his 122-pound unification victory by split-decision over England's Scott Quigg in February 2016.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I’m a Frampton fan

But if he beats Warrington he still isn’t #1

He has to beat Leo or Russell for that to happen or they have to lose so Frampton can leap frog them

But if both LSC & GR continue to fight lower level competition and Frampton can somehow get a Valdez fight and get the W he could be considered the top dog

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
      I’m a Frampton fan

But if he beats Warrington he still isn’t #1

He has to beat Leo or Russell for that to happen or they have to lose so Frampton can leap frog them

But if both LSC & GR continue to fight lower level competition and Frampton can somehow get a Valdez fight and get the W he could be considered the top dog
      Agreed, I’d go LSC & GR a slight level above Valdez and Frampton. Would fancy all 3 to probably beat Frampton at this stage of his career. A strong showing tonight might change my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
        Agreed, I’d go LSC & GR a slight level above Valdez and Frampton. Would fancy all 3 to probably beat Frampton at this stage of his career. A strong showing tonight might change my opinion!
        Agree

To me right now

LSC and Russell are the top dogs

Frampton and Valdez 3/4

I just hope LSC / Russell and Frampton ( if he wins today) / Valdez fight in 2019

But who knows if it actually happens

Comment

Frampton and Valdez would be nice. Not sure who takes that one

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Frampton and Valdez would be nice. Not sure who takes that one
            That is the route Frank Warren was favouring, should Frampton take the IBF title. He has long standing connections with WBO and the interim belt may also make that easier to make?

However if Frampton leaves for ITV under their new PBC deal the Russell fight looks more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Holler View Post
              That is the route Frank Warren was favouring, should Frampton take the IBF title. He has long standing connections with WBO and the interim belt may also make that easier to make?

However if Frampton leaves for ITV under their new PBC deal the Russell fight looks more likely.
              Warren said yesterday Frampton and Warrington have both signed new multi-fight contracts

Comment

Frampton is foolish to be looking past Warrington hours before the fight. It's hard even for the best of boxers to look good against bull-rushers like Warrington. I see a razor close points decision one way or the other.

Comment

Don't hold your breath. Gary Russel Jr only fights once a year. Really strange...a bit like Gervonta Davis

Comment

1. LSC (WBA)
                    2. Frampton
                    3. GRJ (WBC)
                    4. Valdez (WBO)
                    5. Warrington (IBF)

Those are my rankings. I refuse to rank GRJ higher than 3rd considering he fights once a year. Nearly 4 years on from winning his title he's defended it only 3 times. Frampton's resume at 126 alone is better than GRJ's.

If Frampton wins tonight he'll still be number 2 but if he can beat Valdez next (another undefeated champ) then I might rank him higher than Leo (if Leo doesn't fight a top opponent after Flores in February).

Frampton's bee chasing the rubber match with Leo, who promised to fight him in Belfast after their last 2 fights were in the US. Leo needs to take that fight before public opinion starts to swing in favour of Frampton being top dog. Better to welcome the rubber match than be pressured in to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X