No announcement yet.

The Greatest Knockout Of The Last 25 Years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greatest Knockout Of The Last 25 Years

All things being subjective in the world of sports the knockout, quick and clean, ranks high up among the most thrilling moments in athletic competition. And when a spine tingling one-punch knockout happens between two fighters at the highest level of the profession nothing, not even a major league pitcher closing in on a perfect game is so shockingly dramatic. Such a thing happened on the night of June 15, 1984 at Caesars Palace on a hot evening in Las Vegas, Nevada.

There have been many memorable knockouts over the last twenty-five years, ranging from fighters who weigh less than the equipment of a football linebacker to the lumbering girth of the modern day heavyweights. Some, like Donald Curry’s quick left hook knockout of Milton McCrory in the second round of their 1985 welterweight unification fight are almost a thing of beauty. Others, like Ray Mercer’s savaging of Tommy Morrison in the fifth round of their 1991 heavyweight bout are cringe inducing. All fight fans have that one particular night, either at ringside or lounging on the couch at home in front of the television, where a bout ended and the moment when fist met target became ingrained in their memory. “The greatest knockout I’ve ever seen,” becomes the refrain. [details]

what about the Tommy Morrison knockdown of Razor Ruddock

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree.

Hearns knocking out Duran was the most brutal I've ever seen.

He ****ing fell face first like he was dead.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

that right hand almost killed him probably

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
          that right hand almost killed him probably
          I think Gatti's shots on Gamache were up there in brutality.

But I don't think it really compares to the caliber of K.O. that was.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RunWithKnives

i think Gatti has a Lawsuit from that because he did not make the weight

Comment

Also because of the caliber of the two fighters.
              That was shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by DYNAMITE-DYE-92
                i think Gatti has a Lawsuit from that because he did not make the weight
                Gatti made weight but he gained A LOT of weight after the weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil_Meat
                  Gatti made weight but he gained A LOT of weight after the weigh in.
                  The weigh in was basically a joke where Gatti jumped off the scales when he was clearly overweight.

Morrison didn't KO Ruddock though. He won on a 3 knockdown rule essentially that was rather bogus. THe gigantic knockdown with the left hook that lead up to the stoppage was pretty ****ing brutal though.

The Demetrius Hopkins ko, I wish I could see a replay of it and time the number of seconds he was visibly unconscious for.

Comment

Oh yeah, I agree.

Hearns knocking out Duran was the most brutal I've ever seen.

He ****ing fell face first like he was dead.
                    By Far The Best

Thomas Hearns right hand is the GOAT.

plus put it into the context that Roberto Duran had been knocked down twice in 80 something fights, never by a right hand, and never knocked out and Hearns savaged him to say the least, probably the most one sided beating ever between two such great fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X