Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Korobov's Manager: This Is A Better Fight Than Charlo-Monroe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Korobov's Manager: This Is A Better Fight Than Charlo-Monroe

Last-second substitutes typically don't present greater challenges than original opponents in boxing. That's exactly what Mike Borao believes has happened now that the fighter he manages, Matt Korobov, has replaced Willie Monroe Jr. as Jermall Charlo's opponent. Korobov signed a contract Monday to challenge Charlo for his WBC interim middleweight title Saturday night at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah....Monroe isnt exactly the worst fighter to ever live but korobov was stopped by Andy Lee...and its short notice.

Oh well. Gotta sacrifice SOMEONE to the boxing gods. War Charlo. Wins within 3

Comment

I sure as hell won't be staying in Saturday night to watch this lmaoo

Comment

Monroe was the better fight, he was better prepared..and his style would have made it a longer fight.. charlo will take korobov out early

Comment

If guy that boxed Uzcategui show up be tough night for Charlo

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
            Yeah....Monroe isnt exactly the worst fighter to ever live but korobov was stopped by Andy Lee...and its short notice.

Oh well. Gotta sacrifice SOMEONE to the boxing gods. War Charlo. Wins within 3
            Not really short noticed he’s had a full training camp and he was well prepared to step in

Comment

Remember when Kid Chocolate ducked this guy ? Lol

Comment

What I don't understand is what's been going on with Korobov's career since his kayo loss to Lee. He was winning that fight handily when he got caught during an exchange and ultimately stopped.

Since that fight in 2014, he's fought four times against very uninspiring competition. No real progression in his opponents or his career until this opportunity. We'll see how he looks, at least he doesn't have to drop all the way down from a scheduled 168 weight.

Comment

I didn't realize Korobov was that old. He didn't fight in 2015 or 2017.

Comment

Fighters avoid Korobov like the plague? This is not a better fight than Charlo-Monroe. Korobov has never really adapted to the pro game and hasn't been in a meaningful fight since getting stopped by Andy Lee four years ago. And he's now 35.

Monroe would have a good chance to go the distance with Jermall, while I could see Korobov being knocked out early.

Comment

Working...
                    X