Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Skipped Fury Fight To Avoid 'Hard Questions'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Skipped Fury Fight To Avoid 'Hard Questions'

Anthony Joshua was ringside on Saturday at New York's Madison Square Garden as Canelo Alvarez's four-knockdown, third-round KO dethroned his English countryman Rocky Fielding as WBA "regular" super middleweight champion, earning Alvarez's third crown in as many divisions while retaining his pair of middleweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How did he skip it? He's literally been match fit for one fight since his comeback and that was against Wilder.

And if I remember right, Fury/Warren offered to fight Wilder but Joshua didn't get any offer.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      How did he skip it? He's literally been match fit for one fight since his comeback and that was against Wilder.

And if I remember right, Fury/Warren offered to fight Wilder but Joshua didn't get any offer.
      He is saying he skipped coming to their fight but instead came 2 weeks later to a none heavyweight fight

Comment

Wilder is right. Joshua should have been at the wilder fury fight to confront one of them or at the very least make them aware he is interested.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
          Wilder is right. Joshua should have been at the wilder fury fight to confront one of them or at the very least make them aware he is interested.
          Ah yes.

Because sending Wilder contracts shows that he wasn't interested.

Comment

Joshua is really an Uncle Tom, he cannot go to watch another boxing match which Hearns is not involved with. Big dumb fool, he should gone Fury vs Wilder to prove he wants it. AJ is becoming BS

Comment

There's a contract for Wilder they say, that says everything Wilder needs to know.

Comment

They've been sending offers with 2 way rematch and % split bedore the fight and Finkel said they'd meet with Hearn and I believe they have done, I'm pretty sure they're aware.

Wilders been to 1 of AJ's fights and that was 2 years ago because he was paid as part of the comentators and couldn't be paid to come back. Does this mean he never wanted the fight?

Plus the Parker unification this year was a way bigger fight in terms of more viewers, titles and revenue so all this biggest fight of the year is nonsense. Wilder wouldn't go because of Whyte and even made up a restaining order story which is not how the law works in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Joshua is really an Uncle Tom, he cannot go to watch another boxing match which Hearns is not involved with. Big dumb fool, he should gone Fury vs Wilder to prove he wants it. AJ is becoming BS
                  why bring race in to it u ****** ?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                    He is saying he skipped coming to their fight but instead came 2 weeks later to a none heavyweight fight
                    Serves me right for just reading the headline. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                    X