No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Bounces Back, Decisions Mauricio Herrera

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sadam Ali Bounces Back, Decisions Mauricio Herrera

Madison Square Garden, New York City - Former world champion Sadam Ali (27-2, 14 KOs) won a ten round unanimous decision over veteran Mauricio Herrera (24-8, 7 KOs). The scores were 100-90, 99-91 and 98-92.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fight of the year.

Sadam's wild punch and fall at the very end of the fight was highlight reel worthy.

Comment

Awful fight.

That said these scores are awful. Neither guy did much and this could've been a draw with how anti-climactic EVERY round was.

Comment

Sadam seems like 1 of those fighter who thinks they are way better than they actually are. I dont know much about his ametuer career but he's just not a great pro, he had 1 good night against an old faded Cotto..

I do think he would of been a better tune up fight for someone like Khan to get better prepared for a guy like Crawford though

Comment

Pretty poor card, as I suspected. Really not a single fight pitting two legitimate top 25 guys on the entire undercard. That's why I didn't pay to watch it. Even the main event has that bogus title to stain it.

Comment

No way it was 100 to 90.

6-4 5-5 type of fight. Ali looked horrible.

Credit to Herrera for making Ali look bad.
            Too bad Herrera was ripped off against Danny Garcia because he should have been a champion and who knows how his career would have ended up.

Comment

Another GBP robbery. Commentators were in on it too. SRL's first fight commentating for DAZN and he's already picking off where the PBC and HBO commentators left off, shilling for the house fighter like he was directed to do it or paid to do it. I hope SRL aint like that but it was blatant favoritism so I dont know what other explanation there could be. Ali was getting schooled by Herrera the first six rounds and SRL said nothing about it and just kept making up **** about who looked more comfortable, and that's why Ali was ahead. It's just like how when Max Kellerman's preferred fighter wasnt winning the boxing match, he would change the goalposts and talk about who looked more frustrated, or who was winning the story of the fight. It's just like Roy said GGG won the second Canelo fight in terms of scoring it as a boxing match, but because "he made it about Mexican style, you can't give it to him." That was Abel trying to get in Canelo's head, how does that affect the scoring of a fight lol?

But this is what they do. And I was disappointed to see SRL doing the exact same thing. It's almost as if someone is teaching them all how to do it. "When the house fighter is winning the fight, talk about who is winning the fight. When the house fighter is losing the fight, talk about how his opponent is frustrated, or not winning the story of the fight." It's *****ing blatant and every single major boxing network's commentators are doing it now as if they are all being taught to do it. What the *****? It's Twilight Zone.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-15-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildman View Post
                Pretty poor card, as I suspected. Really not a single fight pitting two legitimate top 25 guys on the entire undercard. That's why I didn't pay to watch it. Even the main event has that bogus title to stain it.
                Foo... you a casual complaining about everything... wilder vs fury undercard was worst and it was $75 and this one is only $10... probably ur problem is that ur cheap and dont wanna support the great sport of boxing...

Comment

Sadam Ali is not a good fighter. Had Cotto not gotten injured, he would have beaten Ali.

Comment

The Maestro has no business at this weight and still faired well. Thought Ali pulled it out late though. Decent scrap!

Comment

Working...
                    X