Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Junior Fa Feels Ready For Parker, Giovanni De Carolis Wins Big

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Junior Fa Feels Ready For Parker, Giovanni De Carolis Wins Big

Former WBA "regular" super middleweight champion Giovanni De Carolis, 27-9-1, put his career back on track last night (Dec 14) in Rome with a close but unanimous decision over hard-punching Romanian based in Italy Dragan Lepei, 16-2-2.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Parker will never fight Fa. Book that. Parker will continue to fight complete bums until he gets another shot at Someone decent. And when he fights another decent fighter, he will look bad again and fall right back down to the Burger King cards that he is fighting on now. That's his level.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
      Parker will never fight Fa. Book that. Parker will continue to fight complete bums until he gets another shot at Someone decent. And when he fights another decent fighter, he will look bad again and fall right back down to the Burger King cards that he is fighting on now. That's his level.
      lol Parker has actually fought very good opposition, better than almost all the other heavyweights recently, and he would beat Fa very easily. It wouldn't be a competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        lol Parker has actually fought very good opposition, better than almost all the other heavyweights recently, and he would beat Fa very easily. It wouldn't be a competitive fight.
        So they should make the fight then right? Instead of fighting a guy that is ranked 176th in the world hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          So they should make the fight then right? Instead of fighting a guy that is ranked 176th in the world hahahahah
          He just fought two top ten guys in a row, give him a break. And I don't think Fa would do much better than Flores. I don't see anything special in Junior Fa.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
            Fa beat Parker a couple of times in the amateurs didn’t he?

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
              Yes he did.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post
                If I'm not mistaken, they split 2 a piece in the amateurs. I don't always put alot of stock in amateur results or sparring. Augie Sanchez beat Floyd in the amateurs and supposedly Spadafora dominated him in a sparring session, I wouldn't rate either of them to have been successful against him in the pros though.

Fa looks plodding and ordinary to me the few times I've seen him in the pros. While Parker seems to lack aggression in big fights, he still has a huge advantage in experience and athleticism. Until Fa fights and beats someone that's a known quantity, I'd have to favor Parker to win.

I'd like to see Fa fight a Travis Kauffman or even a Joey Dawejko type to tell me something about his level.

Comment

Fa is nowhere near that level yet

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                    If I'm not mistaken, they split 2 a piece in the amateurs. I don't always put alot of stock in amateur results or sparring. Augie Sanchez beat Floyd in the amateurs and supposedly Spadafora dominated him in a sparring session, I wouldn't rate either of them to have been successful against him in the pros though.

Fa looks plodding and ordinary to me the few times I've seen him in the pros. While Parker seems to lack aggression in big fights, he still has a huge advantage in experience and athleticism. Until Fa fights and beats someone that's a known quantity, I'd have to favor Parker to win.

I'd like to see Fa fight a Travis Kauffman or even a Joey Dawejko type to tell me something about his level.
                    You’re right, some fighters adapt to the pros far better, that’s for sure. Parker seems to have gone forward as a pro, whereas Fa looks in worse shape than he was in the WSB. Would expect him to raise his game for a Parker right though, and think it could be interesting for a few rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X