Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Monroe: Charlo is a Challenge That I Know I Can Conquer!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Monroe: Charlo is a Challenge That I Know I Can Conquer!

Willie Monroe was scheduled for an appearance in the 2015 boxing movie, "Southpaw," but his role didn't make the final cut. "A lot of people don't know I was also originally in the movie, but my parts were taken out because they were all connected to [an actor who] was cut from the movie. But my name is still in the credits," said Monroe, a 31-year-old graduate of The Rochester [New York] School of The Arts with backgrounds in music, singing and acting.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The all important gentleman Willie Monroe Jr.

Willie Monroe Jr. is a all important gentleman who won a all important ESPN Friday Night Boxino Tournament. He is a great human being and gentleman and a all important Cop who defend the citizens of the USA in the streets of America against criminals. He is a outstanding gentleman in the USA. He got this and he will going to win this fight against Jermall Charlo.

Comment

Wow, had no idea he was such a versatile guy. Now I'm pulling for him to upset the Charlo apple cart!

Comment

Monroe is C level fighter at best. GGG played with Monroe and stopped him in less than 6rds.

Comment

Willie has some boxing ability and he's a tough guy. He doesn't seem to have much pop and becomes hesitant in big fights. He seemed hesitant against Adams, Rosado and BJS fights. GGG forced him into a war, otherwise he probably would have lost by wide decision. It's something in Willie's mindset because I think he has the skills to be more dominant in his victories.

I can't see him changing his temperament for this fight and I expect him to lose a decision where allows Charlo to do enough to win the majority of the rounds. It will be up to Charlo to decide of he wants to win in more convincing fashion because I doubt Monroe's mindset will dare to take those chances.

Comment

Monroe is a decent fighter, but when it's going against him he feels sorry for himself in there. He hasn't got the spite to be a top level boxer.

Comment

I like Monroe as a person cuz while I think he's a talented cat I don't believe he mentally has what it takes or maybe even wants it enough.

I wish he'd retire personnally cuz all this sport has for him is lost brain cells and disappointment. If he somehow lifts a belt off of someone I predict it'll be a one & down situation best case. And the money isn't worth the lost brain cells and parts of you at some point.

Hopefully Monroe is just looking at a few more 6 digit checks and maybe a 7 digit one to close out his boxing career to move onto the next stage of his life which I gotta believe will be something that'll fit him better than boxing. And thats not to say he's not done great at boxing as is, but I think he's got greater success in other fields in his future. Maybe thats acting. Maybe thats singing. Maybe thats something else entirely idk.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I can't see him changing his temperament for this fight and I expect him to lose a decision where allows Charlo to do enough to win the majority of the rounds. It will be up to Charlo to decide of he wants to win in more convincing fashion because I doubt Monroe's mindset will dare to take those chances.
                This seems pretty spot on & I suspect its the most likely outcome.

And the bad part for Monroe is I think Mall will want a more convincing W. So Monroe is very possibly getting KO'd here or maybe just maybe he'll fight back harder than usual when pushed harder vs just entering one of those silent agreement type fights where his opponent never tries too hard to take him out & he never tries to hard to win a round.

I wouldn't bet on the latter mind you lol, but I think eventually he'll do that in one of these types of fights that he's supposed to lose.
                Last edited by Eff Pandas; 12-14-2018, 04:11 AM.

Comment

This is the dude that walked out to his own motivational pep speech.

Comment

Working...
                  X