Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: All Monroe Has To Worry About is Getting Knocked Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Charlo: All Monroe Has To Worry About is Getting Knocked Out

Jermall Charlo said southpaw Willie Monroe should "worry about getting knocked out" when they clash for Charlo's WBC interim 160-pound title on December 22 at Barclays Center in Brookyn, New York, on FOX at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Willie's going to get banged silly.

Comment

so if you don't knock him out.. you lose?

Comment

Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions has just landed a network home in the U.K., reportedly signing an exclusive three-year contract with ITV to showcase at least 15 fight cards per year.

“This unprecedented deal between PBC and ITV is great news for boxing fans in the UK. We look forward to bringing viewers big events and superb action from some of the world’s best fighters in the coming years,” said Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport.

The deal includes events which will air live on ITV, ITV4, ITV Hub, as well as ITV Box Office, with an ITV representative stating the deal will help them develop direct relationships with their viewers as part of their ‘More Than TV strategy.’

At this moment it hasn’t been announced, but it’s expected that announcements on the first PBC cards which will be made available through ITV will come over the course of the next week or so. PBC currently holds the heftiest stable of world class fighters by a pretty significant margin, although a frequent criticism is that those top fighters don’t face one another often enough.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/...-deal-with-itv

Comment

I would love to see an upset but Monroe poses absolutely zero threat to Charlo, no power, no chin, pretty consistent pattern for the Charlo bros opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            I would love to see an upset but Monroe poses absolutely zero threat to Charlo, no power, no chin, pretty consistent pattern for the Charlo bros opponents
            What about all the fans that are telling us how good a win Monroe was for Saunders?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              What about all the fans that are telling us how good a win Monroe was for Saunders?
              just cos u say something doesnt make it so

maybe one uk fan said this but that doesnt mean "fans" were saying this. dont be that dork

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                I think it WAS a good win for BJS. Willie Monroe Jr can definitely fight, he just lacks an extra gear. He will likely always fall short vs the elite fighters, but he is far from a bum or anything.

Comment

Shouldn't Monroe be concerned about the VADA tests that Charlo skipped out on? That's fishy and I don't care if he did the tests later (which hasn't been confirmed to my knowledge) they could have masked what he was probably taking by then.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    I think it WAS a good win for BJS. Willie Monroe Jr can definitely fight, he just lacks an extra gear. He will likely always fall short vs the elite fighters, but he is far from a bum or anything.
                    Monroe is garbage and people wanted to pretend that was a good win. You guy should just try being honest once in a while.

As someone who thinks Charlo is the best in the division, I'm embarrassed that he's taking this fight and I'll never pretend it was a meaningful win.

Comment

Working...
                    X