Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Kell Brook, Michael Zerafa - Ready For Battle in Sheffield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Kell Brook, Michael Zerafa - Ready For Battle in Sheffield

Brook, Zerafa Weights Photos Gallery - Kell Brook says his clash with Michael Zerafa at the FlyDSA Arena on December 8 could be the final time he fights in Sheffield, as he looks to pursue career-defining fights at Welterweight. (Photos by Mark Robinson)

[Click Here To Read More]

Kell always looks shredded at the weigh in, I dont see how he makes 147 anymore without cutting muscle and depleting himself

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
      Kell always looks shredded at the weigh in, I dont see how he makes 147 anymore without cutting muscle and depleting himself
      I can't understand what the heck is going on with Kell. He's been struggling to make 147 for years and was advised by his previous trainer, Dom Ingle, and by his nutritionist/S&C team at Sheffield Hallam University, that it was time to move up to either 154 or 160.

Then he hooked up with this new guy, John Fewkes, and within a couple of weeks the weight has fallen off him and they are now saying that staying at 147 will be no problem.

Does anybody know if Kell is still with the same Nutrition/S&C team .. or has he moved on from them too?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        I can't understand what the heck is going on with Kell. He's been struggling to make 147 for years and was advised by his previous trainer, Dom Ingle, and by his nutritionist/S&C team at Sheffield Hallam University, that it was time to move up to either 154 or 160.

Then he hooked up with this new guy, John Fewkes, and within a couple of weeks the weight has fallen off him and they are now saying that staying at 147 will be no problem.

Does anybody know if Kell is still with the same Nutrition/S&C team .. or has he moved on from them too?
        No clue. That weigh in with Spence his eyes were sunk in and hi cheek bones were poppin out. I was convinced that win or lose, that was going to be the last time we saw him make 147

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
          No clue. That weigh in with Spence his eyes were sunk in and hi cheek bones were poppin out. I was convinced that win or lose, that was going to be the last time we saw him make 147
          That's what he and Hearn were saying at the time, that Kell wanted to defend his title against Spence as a matter of pride and honour, then move up to 154, win or lose.

The worrying thing is .. I think he looks more drained for this fight than he did for Spence.

Comment

brook should stay at 154 and forget 147. he is too big for 147.

Comment

Lifetime tune up guy. Almost all his fights have been tune up after tune up, bum after bum. Take away GGG, Potter and Spence then his resume is bum after bum. There are many good fighters at 154 and 147, hope to see him fighting one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

There are monsters at 154 and he knows they will not only break his cheek bones but ribs too. Would love to see him face Lara, Charlo, Hurd etc

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                  brook should stay at 154 and forget 147. he is too big for 147.
                  Brook is apparently too big for 147, yet too small for 154. He doesn't seem to want the champs at 154, and is talking about challenging the champs at 147 instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                    Lifetime tune up guy. Almost all his fights have been tune up after tune up, bum after bum. Take away GGG, Potter and Spence then his resume is bum after bum. There are many good fighters at 154 and 147, hope to see him fighting one soon.
                    GGG fight was a big mistake.

Comment

Working...
                    X