Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: I Had Bellew Ahead Of Usyk By One, But He Unraveled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haye: I Had Bellew Ahead Of Usyk By One, But He Unraveled

Haye has squashed his beef with Bellew and was rooting from a ringside seat for the man that stopped him twice to pull off what would've been a big upset versus Usyk. By the time the fourth round ended Saturday night in Manchester, England, Haye began believing Bellew had a legitimate shot to do just that against boxing's undisputed cruiserweight champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I thought bellew was ahead as well. He gassed big-time after 6, really 5. And when he got hurt in the 8th he was a sitting duck for the 1-2 combo. I think usyk is a damn good fighter but I don't see him as the threat at hw that others are making him out to be.

Comment

I think usyk landed punch after bell. That was beginning of end for bellew

Comment

As Malignaggi said Bellew was just trying to throw single sneaky shots and stay out of exchanges for the most part. As soon as he tried to open up a little and gave Usyk something to work with he got smashed to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
          As Malignaggi said Bellew was just trying to throw single sneaky shots and stay out of exchanges for the most part. As soon as he tried to open up a little and gave Usyk something to work with he got smashed to pieces.
          Word. Bellew's trainer was stressing in the corner between rounds - "Don't give him anything" e.g. stay closed up

Comment

Usyk pressured Bellew constantly from round 1, making him burn a lot of energy without using much up himself. Watching it back, I loved the way he was using his feet and feints to pressure him and make him work all the round at his pace.

Sure, he gave away a couple of rounds and took a few shots but nothing really hard and throughout he was forcing Tony to punch himself out. By the time round 5 had finished Bellew was gassed and Usyk was properly starting to work him over. The writing was on the wall from then.

Usyk showed nice variation to his styles which I was impressed with. Get him up to heavy and see him really tested. Would love to see him school Whyte.

Comment

Maybe Bellew should get one of those WBC Participation Ribbons.

Comment

Haye is so full of it with the pulling for Bellew crap. Just be honest bruh, we all know you were like "Hit that *****" for Usyk
                after that robbin the bank ****.

Comment

I had it 4-3 Bellew, but I could see it 4-3 the other way.

Bellew tired mentally and physically I thought due to the pressure Usyk put on. Usyk changed his approach and Bellew found himself backed up and being tagged repeatedly.

That punch that landed on the bell at the end of the 5th/6th took some out of Bellew it appeared.

Comment

So basically he can't walk nor see anymore...

Comment

Working...
                    X