No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: JuanMa-Gamboa: Lessons in Marinating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: JuanMa-Gamboa: Lessons in Marinating

By Cliff Rold - A good steak left smothered in the right combination of red wine and spices cane be delicious if cooked at the right time. Left too long, and it's just rancid meat. This Saturday, on an independent pay-per-view show, former titlists Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa may be just a single fight away from a showdown...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    By Cliff Rold - A good steak left smothered in the right combination of red wine and spices cane be delicious if cooked at the right time. Left too long, and it's just rancid meat. This Saturday, on an independent pay-per-view show, former titlists Juan Manuel Lopez and Yuriorkis Gamboa may be just a single fight away from a showdown...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bob Arum is a notorious shyster

those who are not aware of that fact, have not been following this sport for very long

Bob Arum does what is best for one guy..... Bob Arum

he will not put his fighters first

the stupidest fans will say..... oh, but look at all of the wonderful fights he made..... which is nothing but ignorance

most/all of those fights would have happened anyway, just at the hands of someone less scrupulous..... the REAL point is, what fights did we miss out on because of Arum's greed?

so, you guys think Crawford/Spence will happen anytime soon?

and you think Garcia/Lomachenko will happen anytime soon?

really ?

good luck with that..... because, neither of those fights benefit Arum

you can park those fights with Gamboa/Lopez, and Pac/Mayweather

Comment

Not only Gamboa vs Lopez is useless. It is DANGEROUS for JuanMa, who is beyond shot.

Comment

This dumbass just tried to prove that the best do fight the best in boxing by exceptions which only prove the rule???
        Last edited by Ajvar; 11-08-2018, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

those who are not aware of that fact, have not been following this sport for very long

Bob Arum does what is best for one guy..... Bob Arum

he will not put his fighters first

the stupidest fans will say..... oh, but look at all of the wonderful fights he made..... which is nothing but ignorance

most/all of those fights would have happened anyway, just at the hands of someone less scrupulous..... the REAL point is, what fights did we miss out on because of Arum's greed?

so, you guys think Crawford/Spence will happen anytime soon?

and you think Garcia/Lomachenko will happen anytime soon?

really ?

good luck with that..... because, neither of those fights benefit Arum

you can park those fights with Gamboa/Lopez, and Pac/Mayweather
          Talk about being a hating ass biitch! 😆
          I don't even like that old punk motherfuccer Bob Arum but you act like it's all his fault!
          You do remember a time when Al Haymon and Richard Schaeffer were trying to buy Oscar out of Golden Boy cause they wanted to take over boxing and run everyone else out of business... You do remember that right??
          They refused to work with Bob Arum at that time. That's a fact!
          Everyone is quick to blame Bob but I think Al Haymon is the one holding up the fight here by not having his top guys fight Terrence Crawford.
          That's why you got Errol Spence bragging to the media how Terrence is on the wrong side of the street and how all the top fighters are on PBC and questioning what top fighter is Terrence gonna fight and all that bullshet!
          It's clear as day that Nobody under PBC is ever gonna fight Crawford.
          But don't blame that on Bob.
          It's Al Haymon not making the welterweight fights we wanna see!

Comment

Very good article! I enjoyed reading it. The marinating thing can be frustrating especially for hard core boxing fans who just want to see a good quality matchup!! After waiting so long for the May Pac fight I told myself I'm not getting caught up in the hype like that again only to wait year after year. So when I get a feeling that promoters are trying to build a fight I stop worrying about it and look forward to fights that will actually happen without all the politics and arguments over money.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              Main thing about him though is he is smart. Example in your examples you mentioned Crawford/Spence but Bob was smart enough to know the other camp would say something to make it look their fault and he can reap the goodwill of seeming like he is on the fans side and it's the big bad other side. In reality they are all scum. All fans of boxers should be wary of all promoters.

Comment

Marinating gone wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                  Main thing about him though is he is smart. Example in your examples you mentioned Crawford/Spence but Bob was smart enough to know the other camp would say something to make it look their fault and he can reap the goodwill of seeming like he is on the fans side and it's the big bad other side. In reality they are all scum. All fans of boxers should be wary of all promoters.
                  You are absolutely right.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                    Talk about being a hating ass biitch! 😆
                    I don't even like that old punk motherfuccer Bob Arum but you act like it's all his fault!
                    You do remember a time when Al Haymon and Richard Schaeffer were trying to buy Oscar out of Golden Boy cause they wanted to take over boxing and run everyone else out of business... You do remember that right??
                    They refused to work with Bob Arum at that time. That's a fact!
                    Everyone is quick to blame Bob but I think Al Haymon is the one holding up the fight here by not having his top guys fight Terrence Crawford.
                    That's why you got Errol Spence bragging to the media how Terrence is on the wrong side of the street and how all the top fighters are on PBC and questioning what top fighter is Terrence gonna fight and all that bullshet!
                    It's clear as day that Nobody under PBC is ever gonna fight Crawford.
                    But don't blame that on Bob.
                    It's Al Haymon not making the welterweight fights we wanna see!

did you read the article ?

Haymon did not kill Gamboa/Lopez, and stall Pac/Mayweather

cvnty Arum did

Haymon did not shelve Garcia, and protect Lomachenko

Arum did

Haymon has been around for 5 minutes, Arum has been killing fights and protecting his investments for YEARS

Comment

Working...
                    X