Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: A Win is a Win, Age is Nothing But a Number

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire: A Win is a Win, Age is Nothing But a Number

Glasgow - Ryan Burnett lost his World Boxing Super Series bantamweight quarter-final against Filipino-American Nonito Donaire after failing to come out of his corner for the fifth round. The 26-year-old from Northern Ireland took a count of seven in the fourth round after sustaining what looked like a rib injury while in action against his 35-year-old opponent, a former world champion at four weights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Burnett must have slipped a disc. Looked painful.

Referees and judges were dubious again in Glasgow. Unsurprisingly biased to the Sauerland fighter, early (maybe merciful) stoppage for Taylor, Terry O Connor telling Parker he’d won before the announcement....

Comment

cool well i dont want to hear age mentioned then when donaire gets whooped by the first healthy opponent he fights in the tournament.

Comment

Good win for Nonito for what i saw Burnet quit i think Nonito body punches did that ................Burnet its not a great boxer he was getting beat by an old man!

Comment

Donaire looked good and was landing some big shots in the last 2 rounds, he was coming on strong and adapted.

He looked good, Tete has a hard fight and will be very close IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
            I think Burnett must have slipped a disc. Looked painful.

Referees and judges were dubious again in Glasgow. Unsurprisingly biased to the Sauerland fighter, early (maybe merciful) stoppage for Taylor, Terry O Connor telling Parker he’d won before the announcement....
            Hernia i heard

But nonito looked good toward the end, he would have finished him later I think, dude is def a darkhorse in the tournament.

Comment

Tete is going to destroy this guy...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                Tete is going to destroy this guy...
                Doubt it, Donaire has enough power to turn off Tete’s lights!

Comment

Congrats "Pinoy Flash"! Hope to see you in the finals vs Inoue.

Comment

I think that thudding left hook that Donaire applied to Burnett's body imploded Burnett's right testicle, and also destroyed his glass heart. Not a good look for a fighter who had already ducked Rodriguez, and Tete prior to the WBSS. Now he packs it in against Donaire, when Donaire starts landing some heat.

Comment

Working...
                    X