Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hurd Confirms He'll Fight Welborn On Wilder-Fury Undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hurd Confirms He'll Fight Welborn On Wilder-Fury Undercard

Jarrett Hurd confirmed Friday morning that he'll defend his IBF, IBO and WBA 154-pound crowns against England's Jason Welborn on the December 1 undercard of Deontay Wilder's heavyweight title defense against Tyson Fury at The Staples Center in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn I know its a get back fight for Hurd but thats one hell of a mistmatch lol Welborn is gonna get the hell beat outta him lol

Comment

Of course the Boo Birds will come out but as a fan i have no problem with Hurd taking a stay busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
        Of course the Boo Birds will come out but as a fan i have no problem with Hurd taking a stay busy.
        Why didn't he fight a rematch vs Lara or Trout, or even fight Vanes, Ishe Smith, or someone else for his stay busy?

Comment

Genuinely worse than Garcia vs Salka

Comment

Good luck to Welborn but i have to say this is the biggest mismatch i have seen in recent times. Welborn recently went up to 160 and won a couple of close encounters with Tommy Langford for the British Title but it was only 18 months ago when he lost a points decision to journeyman William Warburton. He was also well beaten and knocked out when he stepped up against Liam Smith and has even lost title fights for his own area title. He's not even the best Junior Middle in the West Midlands LOL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
              Why didn't he fight a rematch vs Lara or Trout, or even fight Vanes, Ishe Smith, or someone else for his stay busy?
              First off, he wanted a tune up to test his shoulder. The Trout and Lara fights were hard and competitive until the end. Why the hell would he take on those fights as his "tune up" fight?

As for this fight? Complete and utter mismatch. They better have at least a fight or two on this card that actually goes rounds and we avoid what we got with the Canelo/GGG PPV.

Comment

Hurd learned to keep his mouth shut. He is fighting some british wanker, not one of those Charlo's. He isn't that ambitious!!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Genuinely worse than Garcia vs Salka
                  Totally agree,the only other mismatch in recent times that i can think of that comes close to this actually involved another British domestic level fighter when George Jupp went over to Mexico and fought Berchelt for the interim WBO title!

As ridiculous as this fight is, i'll be heavily rooting for Welborn!

Comment

Are you serious?!
                    Why the hell is this fight on the undercard of a PPV?!
                    GTFOH

This garbage should be streamed on DAZN

Comment

Working...
                    X