Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Sullivan Barrera, Seanie Monaghan - Go Face To Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Sullivan Barrera, Seanie Monaghan - Go Face To Face

Barrera, Monaghan Workouts Photos Gallery - Today at Mendez Boxing in Manhattan, Sullivan Barrera (21-2, 14 KOs) and "Irish" Seanie Monaghan (29-1, 17 KOs) addressed the media and faced off in advance of their Saturday, November 3 showdown on Golden Boy Fight Night on Facebook Watch live from the Aviator in Brooklyn. Below are quotes and photos from the event:
    [Click Here To Read More]

Barrera is gonna treat this guy dirty. Different level.

Comment

Met Sullivan this past weekend watching some fights. We watch how tough these guys are on tv. I mean he broke Joe Smith Jr's jaw and went the distance with Andre Ward. Crazy how down to earth, funny and nice he was in person. I've luckily found every pro boxer I've met to be that way and that's one of things I love about the sport. If you didn't know who he was you'd never realize what a badass he is in the ring. Wish him the very best and I think he'll put a hurting on Monaghan.

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
        Met Sullivan this past weekend watching some fights. We watch how tough these guys are on tv. I mean he broke Joe Smith Jr's jaw and went the distance with Andre Ward. Crazy how down to earth, funny and nice he was in person. I've luckily found every pro boxer I've met to be that way and that's one of things I love about the sport. If you didn't know who he was you'd never realize what a badass he is in the ring. Wish him the very best and I think he'll put a hurting on Monaghan.
        They just people, most people are fine if you are.

Comment

If Seanie just believe he can do the damn thing

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
            If Seanie just believe he can do the damn thing
            Nothing's impossible man, and of course he has to believe, but the gap in skill is just huge. There's no doubt both guys have plenty of heart, but Seanie didn't begin his pro career til he was damn near 29 years old and had very few amateur fights. Sure he's street tough, but that's a different thing and in no way puts you on a footing with a guy who's been through the Cuban machine... not only that but Seanie's giving up age (though both guys are near past it) and reach - though not hugely in either case.

Seanie's is a great story, but there's a reason why he got stopped the only time he stepped it up. I like both guys so I ain't got a dog, but it's last chance saloon for both and they'll both be hungry... I got Sullivan by TKO - the only possible edge I can find for Seanie is that Barrera has been in some grueling wars and was stopped last time out, but I can't see that being enough to tip the balance.

Comment

Working...
            X