Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Taylor-Martin/Burnett-Donaire WBSS Show Streamed Free In UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Taylor-Martin/Burnett-Donaire WBSS Show Streamed Free In UK

Boxing fans in the United Kingdom have grown accustomed mostly to watching cards live on Sky Sports and BT Sport, or on pay-per-view. There, though, pay-per-view shows usually cost 19.95, much cheaper than in the United States ($65-$100). On Saturday, boxing fans in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales will be able to watch the World Boxing Super Series' doubleheader for free, via live streams on its website (www.worldboxingsuperseries.com).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Add Channel 5 and Dave and Boxnation even spike tv to the mix

Comment

As a British fan, I find it embarrassing and humiliating that we can watch the WBSS for free in the UK while US fans have to pay for it.

Our pathetically cheap PPVs - $20/$25 compared to $60/$100 in the US - are bad enough. Getting big fights for free is almost too much to bear.

I am seriously thinking of stopping watching boxing completely because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        As a British fan, I find it embarrassing and humiliating that we can watch the WBSS for free in the UK while US fans have to pay for it.

Our pathetically cheap PPVs - $20/$25 compared to $60/$100 in the US - is bad enough. Getting big fights for free is almost too much to bear.

Lol. Be happy. I got DAZN and love it. Its cheap too and has other boxing content. Last yr i watched wbss free on youtube. Thing tht gets me is who the hell is running wbss and why are they constantly shooting themselves in the foot? I mean wbss is a great thing...make good deals and let it grow. I guess because they bankers and smugglers they just dont care about money as much and turn down what is probably solid tv deals. Would be great for the boxers though. Enjoy

Comment

I don't usually like to cheerlead but the WBSS is one of the most positive things to happen to boxing in a long while to my mind. Nice to see some more American interest and involvement this season too... if we could see tourneys like these in every division the sport would be in a much better state.

All hail Kalle 'Cokehead' Sauerland and his many faces.

Comment

Our pathetically cheap PPVs - $20/$25 compared to $60/$100 in the US - are bad enough. Getting big fights for free is almost too much to bear.

It's actually discrimination against Brits. Why should we have to get more free boxing and pay less for PPVs? They're basically saying we can't afford the 60+ dollars for the exact same show. I'm even prepared to "take a knee" in protest before next Saturday's WBSS.

Comment

This is refreshing. As to the difference between pricing between the UK and the US, if you're dumb enough to pay $80 for a fight they'll keep charging $80. If people refuse to pay it they'll reduce the price...simple supply and demand economics. Although if you're voting people like Trump into power, grasping simple economic principles might be a bridge too far ✌️����

Comment

Not just this card, all WBSS Season 2 has been free to watch in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
                  Lol. Be happy. I got DAZN and love it. Its cheap too and has other boxing content. Last yr i watched wbss free on youtube. Thing tht gets me is who the hell is running wbss and why are they constantly shooting themselves in the foot? I mean wbss is a great thing...make good deals and let it grow. I guess because they bankers and smugglers they just dont care about money as much and turn down what is probably solid tv deals. Would be great for the boxers though. Enjoy
                  The guy ostensibly in charge is Kalle Sauerland and the man is clearly a flagrant cocaine enthusiast... nonetheless there is method behind the drug fueled madness. Right now the WBSS are still building their brand and it seems to working. In the US and other countries where they have DAZN this will help build the subscriber base, in countries where they don't they will whet people's appetite by showing most or all of the quarter finals for free and then charge (possibly selectively per country based on who is fighting) for the Semis and finals.

Comment

Wait I’m confused. You’re British and you’re going to stop watching because of what people 1000’s of miles away have to pay? I’ve heard of empathy but this is taking it a bit far no?

Comment

Working...
                    X