Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rob Brant: I Don't Think Murata Wants a Rematch Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rob Brant: I Don't Think Murata Wants a Rematch Right Now

28-year-old Brant (24-1, 16 KOs) says he went into his main-event showdown with then champion Ryota Murata (14-2, 11 KOs), last Saturday night at the Park MGM in Las Vegas (and live on ESPN+), unaware he was such a heavy underdog.
    [Click Here To Read More]

yeah he said himself he can't deal with Brant style basically. I didn't think the fight was close so I don't see how Murata wins a rematch especially with how bad his defense is

Comment

I would figure Arum woukd have an option on him. Maybe have him fight Falcao. All the best to Brant in his future.

Comment

Brant vs Derevyanchenko would be a decent fight. Maybe they could have him against Charlo to set up mandatory for Canelo, and make the WBA "regular" belt actually worth something.
        He's too low-reward for GGG, BJS will be tied up with WBO/VADA appeals, and the likes of Murata/Lemieux are solid but well below him in terms of ability.

Comment

Rob Brant vs. BJ Saunders! Let's Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            Rob Brant vs. BJ Saunders! Let's Go!
            I would watch Saunders or Eubanks Jr vs this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
              I would watch Saunders or Eubanks Jr vs this guy.
              I would like to see him fight Saunders, or one of the Falcao Brothers!

Comment

Rob Brant should take on some real dangerous middleweights like Daniel Geale and Curtis Stevens or Vanes Martyrosen next!

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
                  Rob Brant should take on some real dangerous middleweights like Daniel Geale and Curtis Stevens or Vanes Martyrosen next!
                  I can’t argue with Vanes. That fight was a farce and as a boxing fan and GGG fan I would’ve much preferred GGG vs Derevyanchenko but they went with Vanes and I thought it was a weak move. However, at the time he fought Geale and Stevens, Geale was only a year removed from having been a unified champ at 160, and Stevens was a guy who had fought as high as light heavy and was considered a huge puncher at 160 and was generally considered an interesting opponent for GGG at the time. But the Vanes fight, 🤦*♂️

Comment

I love Brant's attitude. Champion spirit! He can be in a lot of exciting fights. Good luck to him and his career.

Comment

Working...
                    X