Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs-Derevyanchenko HBO Main Event Peaked at 553K Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs-Derevyanchenko HBO Main Event Peaked at 553K Viewers

Perhaps the most compelling, competitive boxing match HBO broadcast live on the network this year drew lower ratings than most of its less entertaining fights this year. According to Nielsen Media Research ratings released Tuesday, the main event of HBO's three-bout broadcast Saturday night, Daniel Jacobs' split-decision victory over Sergiy Derevyanchenko, drew a peak audience of 553,000 viewers. An average audience of 500,000 watched the 12-round battle between Jacobs and Derevyanchenko, the headline of the third-to-last telecast of HBO's 45-year run in boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Good bye HBO! I see can see why you wanna leave...
    Pitiful, pitiful, pitiful ratings even from the good boxers.

Comment

If Eddie can’t draw good ratings on hbo, how is he gonna draw good ratings on DAZN

Comment

Lucky for Murica Eddie is there to save you

Comment

Originally posted by miked85 View Post
          If Eddie can’t draw good ratings on hbo, how is he gonna draw good ratings on DAZN
          I mean all DAZN cares about is subscribers. And that part will be taken care of by Canelo. Hearn and his roster? Yeah, they definitely weren't going to draw good ratings. Now he doesn't have to worry about that. Just needs to put on good fights and he will be good.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            I mean all DAZN cares about is subscribers. And that part will be taken care of by Canelo. Hearn and his roster? Yeah, they definitely weren't going to draw good ratings. Now he doesn't have to worry about that. Just needs to put on good fights and he will be good.
            I wonder has there been a significant increase in subscribers since Canelo came on board or witll all that happen on fight night?

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              I wonder has there been a significant increase in subscribers since Canelo came on board or witll all that happen on fight night?
              I doubt the big increase has happened yet. Quite frankly, boxing is a niche sport so you aren't going to have the casuals running to pay $10 bucks a month before his fights. But come December? Oh yeah, it will increase. Hearn was saying his fight will be free? So does that go for those that have already used their free trial? Either way, not a bad decision by DAZN.

Put you know the best way to increase the subscribers on DAZN? Make GGG/Canelo trilogy and Wilder/Joshua. The latter will probably not happen, but they can make the other fight for sure. So DAZN needs to stop messing around and give Loeffler his four or so dates he wants.

Comment

DAZN cares about subscribers but they want subscribers that they can keep permanently instead of them just subscribing for a Canelo fight and then cancelling. Hearn talks about Canelo getting a million new subscribers, that's $10 million if they stay with the service and pay and don't just sign up for the free trial and cancel right away. Unfortunately I see a lot of people doing that, just signing up for a big fight and cancelling and resubscribing till the next big fight. DAZN has no content to keep subscribers on like Netflix and Prime do

Comment

I doubt the big increase has happened yet. Quite frankly, boxing is a niche sport so you aren't going to have the casuals running to pay $10 bucks a month before his fights. But come December? Oh yeah, it will increase. Hearn was saying his fight will be free? So does that go for those that have already used their free trial? Either way, not a bad decision by DAZN.

Put you know the best way to increase the subscribers on DAZN? Make GGG/Canelo trilogy and Wilder/Joshua. The latter will probably not happen, but they can make the other fight for sure. So DAZN needs to stop messing around and give Loeffler his four or so dates he wants.
                  I don't think they believe paying for the other 3 dates is worth it. I don't think fans are salivating for a trilogy. Tbh the Canelo fans will sign up anyway.

Comment

I see DAZN only increasing their subscribers for big fights for Canelo and people cancelling after. Canelo's fight in Dec. will get a lot of new subscribers that will get the free trial and most will cancel till Canelo's next fight. DAZN isn't keeping all those subscribers which means DAZN isn't really making that much money of the subscriptions for Canelo's December fight. Hearn tried to do the same thing with the AJ fight, a lot of ppl subscribed and got it free but how many of those subscribers did DAZN keep? Did DAZN even make money so far? Maybe that's the reason they offered Canelo all that money, because Hearn wasn't getting it done like he promised. I subscribed and cancelled so they didn't get a penny from me, DAZNs fights were garbage, no incentive to stay until a big fight is made and I'll subscribe and cancel again.

Comment

Working...
                    X