Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Plans To Be The Puncher Back at 118-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Plans To Be The Puncher Back at 118-Pounds

It's been seven years since multi-division champion, Nonito Donaire (38-5, 24 KO's) competed at bantamweight - but this Saturday in Glasgow, Scotland he returns to this weight class versus WBA 118-pound titlist, Ryan Burnett, in the quarter-finals of the World Boxing Super Series bantamweight tournament.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Damn Donaire. I think it's time to hang up the gloves. He's been around long enough. Time to pack some lbs on that little frame. Get up to like 160lbs of pure fat and enjoy retirement. At least I hope he can. Hope he saved/invested well.

Comment

Back down? lol It's supposed to be the other way around. As a fighter ages, they scale up in weight.

Retire man, no one wants to see you beat up on little guys by draining yourself anymore.

Comment

Yep. It’s over for Donaire. You moved up in weight for a reason. Because it was too hard making 118. Now 7 years older and you’re going back down ? Good luck

Comment

donaire has been shot for years. i didnt know he was still fighting

Comment

Hope he makes weight safely.

Comment

Nonitos best KO of his career was at bantamweight vs. WBC-WBO unified champion Fernando 'Cochulito' Montiel seven years ago, 2011 to be exact. Donaire was prime, he was top five at the time in the P4P. In 2018 Nonito is well past his best, and making a dangerous cut/drop in weight.

Ryan Burnett is obviously not a puncher, however I think Nonito might be under-estimating the power of todays bantamweights in : Zolani Tete, Naoya Inoue, Manny-Rod. Both Tete and Inoue have recently delivered some of the sports spectacular KO's, Nonito must be careful or he may end up like he left Fernando Montiel, if not worse with this drastic cut in weight.

Comment

Eddie the Joke

Comment

Donaire is the most drug tested fighter in the world.

Comment

I always felt Nonito moved up to many weight classes. He feels he will be stronger at a smaller weight but dropping weight takes that away. Not expecting an easy road for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X