Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Was Worried Oquendo Wouldn't Get License For Miller Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Was Worried Oquendo Wouldn't Get License For Miller Fight

NEW YORK Eddie Hearn was somewhat relieved when Fres Oquendo turned down his offer to fight Jarrell Miller on November 17. The British promoter was concerned that the 45-year-old Oquendo would be denied a license, particularly when the card was supposed to take place at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Romania's Bogdan Dinu happily accepted Hearn's offer to meet Miller and the show since has been shifted to Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kansas (DAZN).
    [Click Here To Read More]

No way Fres should be fighting at this stage

Comment

Is till think Oquendo is one stupid motherfuccer for not taking the fight!
      He could of easily walked in the ring, take a few punches to the dome, take a fall and walked out a half million dollars richer....
      Wish i could do that... 🤣

Comment

With this shyte I'm surprised Hearn can get a licence to promote in America. Hearn calls Miller the next big threat to Joshua and he puts him as top of the bill against a guy who has NO known names on his padded record.....pathetic !

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
          No way Fres should be fighting at this stage
          I agree. He should retire.

Comment

WBA is a disgrace to boxing.

Comment

Surprised Oquendo turned down 500K, not gonna gets that against Trevor Bryan or whoever. Hearn's logic though "yeah I'm glad the fight isn't happening, Dinu a bigger name, the public want Dinu, he's almost as good as Adamek"

Comment

Every time the word "Oquendo" appears in an article title I'm sure that reading the article will cause me to laugh out loud at least twice.

Is there video of Eddie Hearn doing the interview where he gave these quotes?
                - "I mean, I saw him in Chicago – a lovely man. But I didn’t even know it was him.”
                - "it’s a really awkward situation where people say to me, ‘Why are you offering him fights?’ Because I had to make him an offer, to get him to turn it down. It wasn’t like I wanna give him $500,000. I saw a report that said it was $1 million."
                Comedy gold

Comment

Time for Eddie to save Murica and clean it from all the Oquendos

Comment

Sure Eddie, he's just saying that now, but didn't he just pay to have an old Adamek face Miller just to sell tickets in Chicago and make Miller look good.

Comment

Working...
                    X