Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Charlo Fight is Not Going To Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Promoter: Charlo Fight is Not Going To Happen

A massive shakeup has been occurring around boxing in regards to network implications with especially influential consequences in the middleweight division. We're about two weeks removed since Canelo Alvarez rocked the sporting world that reached more than just casual fans it made international financial headlines. The new streaming service DAZN offered to American audiences (as well as Canada, Japan, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, and Austria) had finally made a splash with a record shattering deal that genuinely could alter how boxing contracts are negotiated, both on an individual level for fighters and with their promoters, should they have one at the time of signing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Interesting chat transcript. Jermall is about to understand how Crawford feels. Literally every MW contender will be with a rival network. Let's see if he stays loyal like Crawford did or if he jumps to DAZN.

Comment

Tom Loeffler needs to come down. His fighter is an attraction but he is the only fighter he has. DAZN is not going to call him for one fighter. No one even watches the "Superflys" (even though I think it's good fights)

Comment

Tom Loeffler is possibly the worst promoter. He acts like a child "if DAZN call Eddie or Hearn I will go to ESPN"

What a baby

Comment

I hope Canelo doesn't give them a rematch. A career built on lies and B level opposition. **** em.

Comment

I like this interviewer. Every time Loeffler tries to make out hes in a position of power interviewer shuts him down and gives him the reality

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Interesting chat transcript. Jermall is about to understand how Crawford feels. Literally every MW contender will be with a rival network. Let's see if he stays loyal like Crawford did or if he jumps to DAZN.
              Danny was noncommittal last night. Let's wait and see what happens. He might go for a fight-to-fight deal or PBC might beat the DAZN offer.

The attendance last night was a terrible 4,961. The lowest for Jacobs in a while (but also another low seller).

His highest selling bought was against Quillin. Who knows what he's thinking.

Comment

That’s why I keep laughing when people say Jacobs is in the “Canelo sweepstakes”. Just because eddie says it doesn’t mean it’s true

Comment

So does this mean Charlo becomes Canelo's mandatory now?

Looks like Loeffler wants some dates for his other fighters but does GGG have that type of pull at the age of 36? He's not interested in co-promoting with GBP or Matchroom. ESPN would likely give him some dates that he wants but the opponents would be limited for GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Danny was noncommittal last night. Let's wait and see what happens. He might go for a fight-to-fight deal or PBC might beat the DAZN offer.

The attendance last night was a terrible 4,961. The lowest for Jacobs in a while (but also another low seller).

His highest selling bought was against Quillin. Who knows what he's thinking.
                    they had him fighting inside of a conference room at the MSG

Comment

Working...
                    X