Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: People Don't Know Me; Must Show What I Got

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: People Don't Know Me; Must Show What I Got

Sergiy Derevyanchenko understands that his livelihood is at stake Saturday night. If he defeats Daniel Jacobs, he'll have leverage by becoming a middleweight champion. Title unification fights and seven-figure paydays await if the unknown Ukrainian can win the most difficult fight of his four-year pro career.
    [Click Here To Read More]

But if Derevyanchenko loses then he most likely won't fight for a World title again. World Champs won't pick him as a voluntary because he is a high risk low reward fight. So he has to become mandatory again and this will take probably 2 years.On Wednesday he turns 33 and age is not on his side. This fight tonight might be his first & last chance.

Comment

keep it real

Sergiy can't let this bout go to scorecards, judges ready to make big time corrupt decision...

Comment

The fact that Showtime and Haymon let hbo get this fight, shows me that they are not confident in Derevyanchenko. I'm not either. I'm rooting for Derev, but I will be surprised, to say the least, if he wins tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardamu View Post
          The fact that Showtime and Haymon let hbo get this fight, shows me that they are not confident in Derevyanchenko. I'm not either. I'm rooting for Derev, but I will be surprised, to say the least, if he wins tonight.
          Jacobs has a deal with HBO and is the clear A side here. IF chenko wins he could possibly go back to Showtime/Fox and build up a big fight with Charlo down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
            Jacobs has a deal with HBO and is the clear A side here. IF chenko wins he could possibly go back to Showtime/Fox and build up a big fight with Charlo down the line.
            The fight was ordered. Haymon and Showtime could have let it go to purse bid, and easily out bid hbo. Then Jacobs contract with hbo means nothing, as any mandated fight is allowed on whoever wins the bid.

And Jacobs is also signed with Haymon.

As for A side, yea, Jacobs is more well known, but he is still virtually unknown overall.

There is no going back to Showtime/Fox for Chenko, simply because he is still with PBC/Showtime/Fox. It is just Haymon allows his fighters to fight on any network.

Comment

So they've already fought the equivalent of over 25 bouts...

Comment

Working...
              X