Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Foreman Pleads With IOC To Keep Boxing in Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: George Foreman Pleads With IOC To Keep Boxing in Olympics

An appeal straight from the heart coming right from one of the biggest most thunderous punchers of all timenone other than "Big" George Foreman, directly to the IOC to retain amateur boxing in the Olympics, as he celebrated in Coyocan, Mexico City the fiftieth anniversary of his Gold Medal triumph in the fabled 1968 Olympics.

[Click Here To Read More]

Fkn unbelievable. They have sledding downhill races, pushing a large ice puck competition and don’t think boxing is a deserving. Someone needs to bend over farther for the greedy boxing committee. All hale GREED.

Comment

Don't care. I love boxing, and even I don't watch it. The layout is incredibly boring.

I would be a hypocrite to say "what an outrage" when my ass doesn't even watch olympic boxing. A lot of talent gets funneled and recruited at the olympics so there are obviously important things at play here, but I won't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
        Fkn unbelievable. They have sledding downhill races, pushing a large ice puck competition and don’t think boxing is a deserving. Someone needs to bend over farther for the greedy boxing committee. All hale GREED.
        meh, fuk the olympics. I stopped watching in the early 2000's.

Cities going brankrupt just to host the damn thing.

Comment

If I was a promoter I'd be pushing to keep amateur boxing in the Olympics. Signing a gold medalist is like signing a golden ticket.

Comment

The corruption is so Bad in Amateur boxing that I don't even care anymore about boxing in the Olympics. Not to bash Anthony Joshua but even his Gold Medal run he lost at least TWICE in that Olympics and got the Win because the Games was in the UK. Lost to Erislandy Savon 1st Round it wasn't even close and he got the Win! Also lost to Roberto Cammarelle I thought

So Take Olympic Boxing Shove It!

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
              meh, fuk the olympics. I stopped watching in the early 2000's.

Cities going brankrupt just to host the damn thing.
              Well, when the politics and realities supersede the events is when I could give a $h*t about the Olympics as a whole. Till that day, it is reality, therefore we should give a $h*t.

Comment

It would be a sad day for our sport ,this is what motivates these young lads me, my son inc.Well said George I hope they take it on board.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                  Well, when the politics and realities supersede the events is when I could give a $h*t about the Olympics as a whole. Till that day, it is reality, therefore we should give a $h*t.

Not going to force it. Its boring.

Every kid fights like a Cuban in the olympics.

Can't sit through that, sorry, but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
                    Not going to force it. Its boring.

Every kid fights like a Cuban in the olympics.

Can't sit through that, sorry, but no thanks.
                    It's not really about that. I don't think a lot of people tuned in to watch Ali, Foreman and Frazier compete in the Olympics for the sheer excitement of it all, but to see the USA or the country you represent win gold.

Comment

Working...
                    X