Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Prograis Expects To Battle Baranchyk In WBSS 140-Pound Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Prograis Expects To Battle Baranchyk In WBSS 140-Pound Final

LAS VEGAS Regis Prograis saw something in Ivan Baranchyk when they met in Moscow three months ago that convinced Prograis they'll meet again in the final of the World Boxing Super Series' 140-pound tournament.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk excites me, two top five jr. welterweights putting their '0' on the line with the IBF 140 pound title at stake -- should Taylor-Baranchyk get past Martin-Yigit.

140 has been cracking ever since Mickey-Mouse Garcia vacated the IBF ; the sport of boxing progresses when cherry-pickers move along. After this WBSS tournament 140 moves up in my top 4 of best weight class in boxing.

Comment

I'll have to see Baranchyk-Yigit to gauge the Ruski, Yigit's skillful enough to outpoint any simple brawler though so hopefully there's a bit more to his game than that. I think it will be a Taylor-Prograis final; out of the ones I've seen before they're the best 2 all-round boxers. Yigit's skillful but a bit pillow-fisted, Flanagan's a hard worker but also lacks power, Relikh has decent power but a bit one-dimensional. Like Baranchyk, Ryan Martin's a bit of an enigma for me as well; the only name I recognize on his record is Breidis Prescott.

Comment

I see Baranchyk as the dark horse as well. I still fully expect Prograis vs Taylor for the final.

Comment

Prograis vs. Baranchyk would be awesome! However, don't sleep on Kiryl Relikh! He's a problem too!

Comment

None of these guys should be slept on. Josh Taylor looks phenomenal to me, and Regis is absolutely devastating -I'd expect to see those two in the final, but Baranchyk and Relikh ain't all that far behind in my estimation and on the right night either could upset the apple cart.

Comment

Baranchyk is my Sleeper in this Tournament for sure!

Comment

... and while I'm here I'd just like to lead a round of applause for coke fiend Kalle and the WBSS. For my money the best thing to happen to boxing in a good while.

Prost, you weird gurning bastard.

Comment

Relikh is a tough dude.

Prograis should not look beyond him.

Comment

Prograis is going to **** up Relikh

Comment

Working...
                    X