Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Manager on Training With Buddy McGirt For Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev's Manager on Training With Buddy McGirt For Alvarez

The decision has been made by former light heavyweight champion, Sergey Kovalev, that when he faces Eleider Alvarez in their rematch in early 2019, that it will be veteran trainer Buddy McGirt preparing him for battle. Back on August 4th, Alvarez pulled off a big upset when he knocked out Kovalev in seven rounds to capture the WBO world title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Uh oh. I'll still be rooting for you Krusher, but damn, these aren't good signs...

Comment

I thought his Russian trainer was suppose to be so great........seems like he blames the trainer every time he loses

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
        Uh oh. I'll still be rooting for you Krusher, but damn, these aren't good signs...
        You'll be rooting for a racist? You scumbag

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          I thought his Russian trainer was suppose to be so great........seems like he blames the trainer every time he loses
          Actually, that trainer (Abror Tursunpulatov, http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Abror_Tursunpulatov) blamed himself for the loss against Alvarez, so, I guess, it was by mutual consent.

Comment

Could be Kovalev's last fight. If he can't win an immediate title-rematch, then it's a long road back to the top now he's the wrong side of 35. He could possibly get a shot against Bivol or Beterbiev within a fight or 2 based solely upon them wanting his name on their records, but as a voluntary defence it would be for chump-change compared to what Kovalev's used to. And you can bet it would be sold as them being charitable towards him as well.

Comment

Great move if he listens

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
                You'll be rooting for a racist? You scumbag

how is he a racist if he is the one who choses a black trainer for himself. Where is your logic ?!!!!! you must be a phukin’ racist.

Comment

Yet another trainer is not going to fix Kovalev's problems.

Comment

So does this mean that Kov fired his beloved amateur Russian coach, who he so fervently lauded ? But who couldn’t even teach him to hold when he’s hurt to buy recovery time ?

Comment

Working...
                    X