Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: UK News: Andrew Selby, Johnny Coyle, Amin Jahanzeb, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: UK News: Andrew Selby, Johnny Coyle, Amin Jahanzeb, More

Andrew Selby's first fight in over a year. The Welsh television channel will be broadcasting the Sanigar Events card on Saturday, 27 October, live from the Newport Centre. The Bocsio Byw (Live Boxing) programme will feature Welsh language commentary, with English language commentary provided by former WBU World title holder and now leading trainer Gary Lockett and John Hardy available via the red button service.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully Andrew Selby's got his head back in order and can be more active from now on. The lad is such a naturally skilled boxer, he definitely has the ability to be a world champ, he just has to work hard and stay busy to get his chance.

Comment

Is there any Ali Act type law in the UK stopping MTK guys from facing each other? They seem to have signed up half the UK at this point.

Comment

Andrew Selby hasn't defended the British title for two & half years now. Surely it's time for the BBBofC to strip him & sanction Charlie Hoy Vs Jay Harris for the vacant belt! While I'm here maybe Johnny Coyle/Johnny Garton could work well soon in the new year....

Comment

Originally posted by Adamsc151 View Post
          Hopefully Andrew Selby's got his head back in order and can be more active from now on. The lad is such a naturally skilled boxer, he defbinitely has the ability to be a world champ, he just has to work hard and stay busy to get his chance.
          He’s been injured mate, can’t remember specifically what but sure it was a hand or bicep injury, or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Is there any Ali Act type law in the UK stopping MTK guys from facing each other? They seem to have signed up half the UK at this point.
            As far as I know MTK fighters are free to fight one another

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              He’s been injured mate, can’t remember specifically what but sure it was a hand or bicep injury, or something like that
              Thought it was a broken ankle and a BBBC ban for going a bit mental

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                Andrew Selby hasn't defended the British title for two & half years now. Surely it's time for the BBBofC to strip him & sanction Charlie Hoy Vs Jay Harris for the vacant belt! While I'm here maybe Johnny Coyle/Johnny Garton could work well soon in the new year....
                Completely agree, Harris has been owed a shot for ages. I have a lot of time for Charlie Hoy as well, his story and love for boxing is so refreshing.
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mljbfdr2m5U
                Watch that if you haven’t already seen it

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                  Thought it was a broken ankle and a BBBC ban for going a bit mental
                  Yes! It was an ankle injury, I couldn’t remember.
                  He got his licence withheld for hitting a taxi driver or something like that, I think it’s easily resolved though.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    He also took the death of his mum really hard, injuries are that much tougher to come back from when you throw mental and emotional pain into the mix.
                    His brother tried to carry on fighting, but was a shadow of his best when he lost his title.

Comment

Working...
                    X