Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Oquendo Turns Down Miller, WBA Title Shot Over VADA Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Oquendo Turns Down Miller, WBA Title Shot Over VADA Testing

Fres Oquendo's overdue WBA world heavyweight title shot has been delayed yet again. According to an ESPN.com report Wednesday night, the inactive, 45-year-old contender turned down a fight for what will be a vacant version of the WBA's heavyweight title. Oquendo reportedly was offered $500,000 to fight unbeaten Jarrell Miller on November 17 in Atlantic City, New Jersey, but he declined that bout because Oquendo doesn't think there's enough time to properly implement Voluntary Anti-Doping Association testing for performance-enhancing drugs.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Trevor Bryan

Comment

Just retire already.

And Miller 'bout to fight another can.

Comment

Why doesn't this article mention that Jarrell Miller has failed a PED test before?

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/10/5...est-kickboxing

Comment

Fast Fres Oquendo is still alive ? The worst decision I have ever seen was Byrd vs Oquendo. I had Oquendo winning 8 rounds.

Comment

This means that the Oquendo saga isn't over yet. Once Big Baby wins the belt Fres will become the mandatory.

Comment

I realize he won a legal battle to get a fight, but dude should lose it after declining this fight following all the other situations he's had that haven't come off. It's bull**** that he basically has this get out of jail free card that he can throw at any time to get his title shot, guy just needs to go away, the longer this goes on without him fighting, the worse the beating he will receive. The fact that he hasn't even thought about fighting anybody else in all these years between fights also shows what a farce this is. At this point it may be another 10 years before Fres decides he wants his shot

Comment

How in the world is a guy who was ko'd by John ruiz about15 yrs ago still in the hunt for a title?

Comment

Oquendo isn't very smart. At his age he should of just took the money.
                  Even if he somehow manages to get his hands on that piece of shet alphabet soup belt he'll get knocked the fucc out the first time he steps up in competition.
                  Big mistake turning down the fight i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                    Why doesn't this article mention that Jarrell Miller has failed a PED test before?

https://www.mmamania.com/2014/8/10/5...est-kickboxing

good catch

Comment

Working...
                    X