Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Moloney, Dorticos-Masternak: WBSS Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rodriguez-Moloney, Dorticos-Masternak: WBSS Afterthoughts

Japan's Naoya Inoue has yet to be really tested. Saturday night in Orlando, we may finally have found a candidate for the job. In what was the toughest fight of his young career to date, Emanuel Rodriguez showed tremendous skill early and tremendous resolve later in withstanding a fiery late stand from Jason Moloney. It was two men who still had lots to prove, didn't know how to lose, and who left the viewers at home and in the sadly sparse arena with an investment worth their time.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Cliff
    Rodriguez struggled some late with Moloney, holding often and punching just enough to stop a wave from cresting. If he takes as much leather from Inoue, can he survive? Can Inoue get to him as often as Moloney with his more precise attack?

Good question, It seems Naoya Inoue is a more dangerous puncher at 118 since the 'Monster' is getting them out of there quicker after moving up from Superfly and still kept his extraordinary speed. Inoue is always dangerous, especially in the first half, he also carries power through-out 12 rounds ; clearly he is the heavier handed boxer of the two.

Manny must be very discipline and pick his shots wisely and limit exchanges with the 'Monster' -- however Rodriguez has respectable power and accuracy, so you can imagine the outcome may not favor Naoya in every instance of a shout-out with Rodriguez -- sometimes it just takes one mistake in boxing.

We should consider or talk about Inoues chin, we seen that Rodriguez can survive vs. Moloney -- that is actually a good thing, granted it did expose some flaws, that has left a bad impression on the public going into this clash, but I seen the good in those difficult moments of the championship rounds for Manny. I wonder if Naoya is put in peril how does he react? Does he exchange and takes a risk? or is he smart like Rodriquez and let it go to the scores?

And I would love to see Nery vs. Moloney, it would be a excellent fight for the bantamweight division -- even a Carlos Cuadras vs. Jason Moloney interest me.
    Last edited by 1hourRun; 10-22-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X