Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Arum Reacts To Murata's Big Loss, Pacquiao-Haymon Pact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Arum Reacts To Murata's Big Loss, Pacquiao-Haymon Pact

Bob Arum Video Interview - Japan's Ryota Murata failed to defend his WBA middleweight world title on Saturday, losing to mandatory challenger Rob Brant of the United States by unanimous decision.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Japanese hardcore fans expected it, and it happened.
    Another example of Olympic gold not translating into a great pro career.

If he fought Charlotte he’d get knocked out.

Comment

In the background, Joe Cortez looks like older than Bob Arum. True Pac has a tax problem in US.

Comment

Kudos to Top Rank for keeping their girls properly dressed, unlike Tecate.

Comment

Cortez does look old. Pacquiao’s tax evasion doesn’t change the fact he’s worth over $190 million. Evander, Floyd, Tommy Hearns, the list goes on who got chased by the IRS. That’s the one opponent none of them beat.
          Originally posted by komandante View Post
          In the background, Joe Cortez looks like older than Bob Arum. True Pac has a tax problem in US.

Comment

Bob is right, it takes two to tango.

The PBC model is based upon starving off the competition but unfortunately it also chokes off their own PBC fighter's prime, money and ability to make their mark in history.

And for what?

It's starting to look like prime fighters are wasting away while holding the line so that Al Haymon can forcibly take over boxing. Unfortunately fighters have an experation date and Haymon's war doesn't and now with Eddie Hearn in the picture a takeover of boxing is infinity more difficult if even possible. And yet...fighters like Spence remain as loyal as an African American Trump supporter. I hope I'm wrong but it sure seems like the careers of the Charlo brothers, Spence and Tank may well be sacrificed so that Al Hayman can continue a fight to the death for his control of the sport. Again, I hope I'm wrong, I really hope I don't look back one day and see Errol Spence and wonder if he could have been great. I hope his boxing legacy is not sacrificed. I hope he doesn't turn out to be another case of "what could have been" very similar to Earl Manigault, deprived of the chance to prove it.

There I said it because it's honest.

Comment

Working...
            X