Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo Still Hopes To Fight, Be a World Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Ogogo Still Hopes To Fight, Be a World Champion

London Olympic bronze medallist Anthony Ogogo has not given up on his lifelong goal of becoming a middleweight world champion - despite not having fought in two years. Ogogo suffered a fractured eye socket in his bout with Craig Cunningham in October 2016 in what was his 12th fight as a professional.
    [Click Here To Read More]

From what I gather Ogogo's fractured orbital made Brook's ones look like minor injuries. Dunno if he'd be granted a licence on medical grounds for an injury that bad.

Comment

Shame for Ogogo, I don’t think he would have been a world champ, but he would’ve been a solid European level fighter and would’ve made some decent cash. Can’t see him back in boxing with that injury (at least if Brooks eyes are anything to go by)

Comment

Ogogo is a good guy and I wish he was a champion and a role model, but the truth is he looked bad all the way back in the Olympics. He was trying to rise from a bad showing and now he has a handicap. It's as if boxing is too rough for nice guys.

Comment

It's a shame, but don't play with your eye sight man.

Comment

This boy is cursed, going nowhere.

Comment

He won't make it as a pro. Nothing personal, just doesn't have what it takes.

He was too pampered and rewarded with sponsors before achieving anything post Olympics.

Comment

Sh^t I thought he retired.

Sounds like with his eye injury he should retire. Fair play if you are making 6-7 digits per fight already & got an injury like that like Brook & others have done. But if you are still in the kiddie pool side of the sport you got a long road to those paydays that'll make fighting through serious injuries like this worth it.

Comment

He was never really that good, he may be a nice guy but that's what it comes down to. He looked technically awful in that last fight, the injury may have played a part, but he was getting comprehensively outboxed by a domestic part timer.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                    He won't make it as a pro. Nothing personal, just doesn't have what it takes.

He was too pampered and rewarded with sponsors before achieving anything post Olympics.
                    You are absolutely right, no offence to him but he isn't good enough (Even before the eye injury), he was the one that was earmark as the golded goose after the olympic. Sponsors were all over him like a rash, and i think he too lost a bit of focus.

If i was him i would look to do something else with my life/career, an eye injury isn't something to play with, especially not after five surgeries.

Comment

Working...
                    X