Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cruiserweight: Who Got Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cruiserweight: Who Got Next?

By Cliff Rold - It's hard to have a division more locked down than Ukraine's Oleksandr Usyk (15-0, 11 KO). Following his win over Murat Gassiev in the finals of the World Boxing Super Series, Usyk owns every major title and reestablished the lineage of the 200 lb. class. He's not resting on his laurels either. After going on the road to Latvia and Russia to best their undefeated native sons Mairis Briedis and Gassiev respectively, he's heading to the UK in November where he will accept the challenge of former WBC titlist Tony Bellew (30-2-1, 20 KO)...
    [Click Here To Read More]

The 'knockout doctor' Dorticos is next.

Comment

breidis got this on lock,he's skilled and gave usyk his toughest fight

Comment

I think it's Briedis' tournament to win.

Comment

Cruiserweight has & always will be a forgotten division, nothing but a stepping stone for small Heavyweights!

Comment

Briedis for the w

Comment

Loved the CW competition last time around. Every fight was entertaining, and we got an undisputed champ at the end of it.
              This time around though.... Unless Usyk vacates to go to HW for the big bucks around the end of the year, it's nothing more than a glorified elimination tournament to decide the order of mandatories. I'll tune in if it's on a channel I've already subscribed to, but won't be paying extra to watch.

Comment

If the money's right then there's no reason why Ward Vs the Usyk/Bellew winner shouldn't happen "as long as it takes place in Oakland that is"!

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Higgs View Post
                  If the money's right then there's no reason why Ward Vs the Usyk/Bellew winner shouldn't happen "as long as it takes place in Oakland that is"!
                  No reason at all.

It should make enough to pay Ward his minimum $7million, just. And Usyk was happy fighting for peanuts away from home before the WBSS. I'm sure he'd be just as happy to do it again for the honour of sharing the ring with an ATG!

Comment

Originally posted by sammybee View Post
                    The 'knockout doctor' Dorticos is next.
                    Originally posted by Andre_parker1 View Post
                    breidis got this on lock,he's skilled and gave usyk his toughest fight
                    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I think it's Briedis' tournament to win.
                    They both deserve another bite of the cherry. And a lot of people will be keen to see how they measure up against each other.

Comment

Working...
                    X