Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Bidding War For Golovkin, Surprised By HBO Withdraw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Loeffler: Bidding War For Golovkin, Surprised By HBO Withdraw

TOM LOEFFLER said he was "surprised" to hear of HBO's decision to withdraw from boxing. Loeffler, who has promoted Gennady Golovkin and the super-flyweight series on the network, hopes to have a new home for his middleweight and little stars by the end of the year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can't imagine too much going on for him. He's 37 he won't be fighting for that much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamking View Post
      I can't imagine too much going on for him. He's 37 he won't be fighting for that much longer.
      Prime candidate for an Eddie Hearn 3 fight contract.

Comment

Triple g lost the 2nd fight, that's all there is to it.

Comment

I would like to see GGG vs. Callum Smith @ 168! I don't think he'll do it because he won't be able to come back to 160 (not at his age) if he beefs up for 168! So I think GGG should wait to see what network deal Canelo makes, and then plan a course to Canelo from there!

Comment

Nah I could see why people think he won the first fight but the second one clearly Canelo won.

Comment

Who are all of Loeffler's boxers? I know Cecilia Braekhus and Ryan Martin.
              Cecilia may be important to Showtime because they seem to be the only one's doing womens boxing.

Comment

I'm sure they are in a bidding war for a 1-2 max fight deal lmao... Triple jab the 1 to 2 fight commodity lol

Comment

Exactly who is doing the bidding? DAZN and ESPN? I can see ESPN wanting to do the third Alvarez fight, but beyond that, I don't see anything worth getting into a bidding war for. DAZN may offer a 2-3 fight deal, but even that would likely be structured such that the top dollar amount would be contingent on him fighting certain folks like Andrade, Charlos (whom Hearn's trying to sign) or Matchroom guys at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Exactly who is doing the bidding? DAZN and ESPN? I can see ESPN wanting to do the third Alvarez fight, but beyond that, I don't see anything worth getting into a bidding war for. DAZN may offer a 2-3 fight deal, but even that would likely be structured such that the top dollar amount would be contingent on him fighting certain folks like Andrade, Charlos (whom Hearn's trying to sign) or Matchroom guys at 168.
                    It'll most likely be a package deal. Whe ever else in on Loeffler team will come along with GGG.

So that's the SuperFly guys along with GGG, Ryan Martin and Cecilia Braekhus.

Comment

Working...
                    X