Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas Barely Retains Title, Fights To Draw With Santiago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jerwin Ancajas Barely Retains Title, Fights To Draw With Santiago

Oracle Arena, Oakland - IBF super flyweight world title Jerwin Ancajas (30-1-2, 20 KOs) barely held on to his title with a twelve round split draw against Alejandro Santiago (16-2-5, 7 KOs). The scores were 116-112 for Ancajas, 118-111 for Santiago and 114-114 for the draw.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I had Santiago winning 115-113

Comment

What a robbery

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
        What a robbery
        Yet another victory stolen from a fighter..

Comment

Was this a real robbery or only considered that by our Mexican posters?

Comment

Wtf ! F@ck those judges! The ibf should suspend them and order an immediate rematch! Santiago should be the champ !

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Santiago won. A lot of close rounds but he deserved the decision. A draw is not the worst verdict I’ve seen but it’s the wrong one.

Comment

I had Ancajas winning 115-113. Ancajas was dictating the fight, controlling most of minutes of the round and landing more. He was winning when he fights outside but Barrios gets the better during the few wild exchanges.
                So a draw is acceptable given the close fight and and some rounds hard to score.

Comment

ancajas is my fav fighter right now but i believe he lost by at least 2 rounds tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                    It wasn't, people are overreacting again. The real robbery was that 118-111 scorecard for Santiago. I had it 7-5 Ancajas.

Comment

Working...
                    X