Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Reacts To HBO's Decision To Leave Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Larry Merchant Reacts To HBO's Decision To Leave Boxing

The industry is still shocked, after HBO announced on Thursday of their company decision to drop live boxing after more than 1,000 fights over four decades of telecasts.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Solid analogy by Merchant
    "Once upon a time we were a promising kid. Then a challenger. Then a champion. A great champion. A long-time champion. And then a has-been who finally retired. So long, champ"

Comment

Not too long ago I would've expected HBO Boxing to outlive Merchant by a decade or more but he proved me wrong. Muscle memory strikes again!

Comment

Merchant gets his revenge!

Comment

It's too bad, really. HBO showed some of the best boxing matches ever televised. Lampley's going to cry like a woman after the Jacobs vs Derevanchenko fight.

Comment

I have gained respect for Merchant...i used to find him unprofessional and annoying. But he is a man of his word who actually speaks his mind and doesnt care what other people think. He calls BS when he sees it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              That’s a damn good analogy.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                It's too bad, really. HBO showed some of the best boxing matches ever televised. Lampley's going to cry like a woman after the Jacobs vs Derevanchenko fight.
                Yes he will! Like a 🍼

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  It was and he’s right. It is sad to see hbo go but it’s like the saying goes evolve or die. It will be interesting to see who emerges as the next big dog. My money is on showtime as they have an established ppv platform. I imagine either Canelo, ggg or possibly both will sign with them. I can’t see how it’s possible for them to earn that much from DAZN for example. But we will see.

Comment

Merchant was the king of Commentating.
                    He witnessed all the greatest fight's in the last 50 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X