Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Milan Melindo Optimistic About Facing Ken Shiro in Yokohama

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Milan Melindo Optimistic About Facing Ken Shiro in Yokohama

CEBU, Philippines -- Filipino former world champion Milan Melindo (37-3, 13 KO's) appeared optimistic and in high spirits during an ALA Boxing Promotions press conference in Cebu, Philippines, ahead of his world title clash against tough, undefeated Japanese WBC jr. flyweight world champion Ken Shiro (13-0, 7 KO's) set for Sunday October 7 in Yokohama, Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The experience Milan Melindo has is remarkable, just off the top of my head Melindo fought : Muhammad Rachman, Juan Francisco Estrada, Akira Yaegashi, Hekkie Budler, Ryoichi Taguchi.

Ironically Milan is taking on the #1. jr. flyweight that only has 13 professional fights. This one is very interesting because of the styles, experience, mobility and speed ; I can see Milan getting a decision : I just feel that footwork and jab could be a big problem for Ken as hes very stationary and a little shy. Nevertheless I think Milan will likely fade and from that point its a different fight.

So yeah I hoping DAZN gives us this gem for free as it is the undercard of Inoue vs. Payano.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      The experience Milan Melindo has is remarkable, just off the top of my head Melindo fought : Muhammad Rachman, Juan Francisco Estrada, Akira Yaegashi, Hekkie Budler, Ryoichi Taguchi.

Ironically Milan is taking on the #1. jr. flyweight that only has 13 professional fights. This one is very interesting because of the styles, experience, mobility and speed ; I can see Milan getting a decision : I just feel that footwork and jab could be a big problem for Ken as hes very stationary and a little shy. Nevertheless I think Milan will likely fade and from that point its a different fight.

So yeah I hoping DAZN gives us this gem for free as it is the undercard of Inoue vs. Payano.
      You really think melindo will win? I actually got for shiro considering he is fast and strong while melindo suffers from lack of power which i think is why he lost against taguchi. But even then melindo has mixed with greater company than shiro so that may give him a chance.

Comment

Melindo can pull the upset

Comment

Still depends on what kind of Melindo shows up. The Melindo that showed up against Taguchi hasn't really recovered and fully healed after his bloody war with Hekkie Budler. Melindo did good against Taguchi in the first couple of rounds until Taguchi's repetitive jab opened up Melindo's old wounds and we saw him lose the rounds.

Melindo is the more technical expert against Ken Shiro. The latter is a little bit shy when throwing punches but when he picks his spots, that's where he usually shines.

This is an interesting match for sure.

Comment

melindo can take it easily

Comment

Originally posted by HumanBag View Post
              You really think melindo will win? I actually got for shiro considering he is fast and strong while melindo suffers from lack of power which i think is why he lost against taguchi. But even then melindo has mixed with greater company than shiro so that may give him a chance.
              Unlikely, but I give Milan a shot, as they say ' Styles make fights '. Interested on how Kens timing will be on that night -- If Shiro is sharp early on, it should be a blow-out in favor of Shiro.

But I see Milans technique, footwork being something Shiro will struggle with a bit on a technical aspect ; not so much that Milan beats ken physically, but that Melindo could limit Shiros offense considerably -- making it a little bit difficult to score.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Unlikely, but I give Milan a shot, as they say ' Styles make fights '. Interested on how Kens timing will be on that night -- If Shiro is sharp early on, it should be a blow-out in favor of Shiro.

But I see Milans technique, footwork being something Shiro will struggle with a bit on a technical aspect ; not so much that Milan beats ken physically, but that Melindo could limit Shiros offense considerably -- making it a little bit difficult to score.
                I see. I guess i also forget that the time between the budler and taguchi fights were only three months i guess melindo wounds and wear and tear played a role in his loss. It will be good to see how melindo performs all healed up. Who knows we might get the kind of melindo that gave estrada hell.

Comment

Originally posted by HumanBag View Post
                  I see. I guess i also forget that the time between the budler and taguchi fights were only three months i guess melindo wounds and wear and tear played a role in his loss. It will be good to see how melindo performs all healed up. Who knows we might get the kind of melindo that gave estrada hell.
                  Thats a good point, I haven't thought about that. Maybe the long rest since Ryoichi Taguchi does bring out a little extra out of Milan.

I remember the Juan Francisco Estrada fight, 'El Gallo' came close to being the man that almost stopped Milan -- if Ken can stop Melindo, that would be very impressive ; and I mean cleanly not by cuts, as you and others have mentioned that his wounds have been an issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X